Rentals in Charlotte>Question Details

Unspecified, Renter in Raleigh, NC

My boyfriend and I currently reside in NYC and are looking to relocate to Charlotte. He has no rental history and I have two years. Can we rent?

Asked by Unspecified, Raleigh, NC Sat Feb 8, 2014

He has good credit. I do not. but I have two years rental history for the past two years. We have enough money saved for at least 6 months rent in a place averaging around $700 a month in advance. Would anyone rent to us?

Answers

2
Based on your information provided you should be able to find a rent.. I help people moving all the time looking for rentals in the Charlotte area and would love to speak with you and see if I can be of assistance in finding you a place to rent.

Feel free to either e-mail me back at ddicecco@helenadamsrealty.com or call me on my cell at 704-519-7895.

Dave DiCecco
Realtor/Broker
Helen Adams Realty
Ddicecco@helenadamsrealty.com
Cell:704-519-7895
http://Www.davedicecco.com
Yes. Charlotte is a much easier place to rent than NYC. If you have recommendation letters (or one from your current landlord) and decent credit you will be able to rent a place. Most owners or landlords will want you to have a job. They want you to be able to prove that you can pay the rent. That might be your biggest optical. Coming NYC I am assuming you may not have a car and may want to be in a walkable neighborhood. I would say that you may have a little trouble finding a place for just $700 a month. You won't be able to be super picky.
Once you find a place offer to pay two or three months upfront to have the owner feel more comfortable.