My Family and I are Looking to move to Georgia next year, What are the best cities to live in?

Asked by Terence Grissom, Chandler, AZ Wed Aug 21, 2013

Answers

15
LaShonda Sol…, Agent, Marietta, GA
Fri Sep 27, 2013

I would suggest looking in the Cobb, North Fulton, and Gwinnett county areas. These are great areas to raise a family and great schools for children.

LaShonda Solomon
Associate Broker
Keller Williams Realty Signature Partners
(678) 477-5226
LaShondaSolomon@kw.com
http://www.AtlantasPremierProperties.com
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Wed Aug 21, 2013
Best by my definitions...

Decatur
Intown Atlanta
Athens
Savannah
Roswell

I have nothing else to offer for discussion, except for the worst, by my definitions...

Barney
TyeTye
Doerun
Alpharetta
Johns Creek
Tara Gaines, Agent, Anniston, AL
Thu Sep 25, 2014
Alpharetta and John's Creek are great neighborhoods. I would love to take a few minutes of your time to see where I could be of help to you in your future move.

Tara Gaines
Keller Williams Atlanta - Perimeter
770-238-9743
Denise Speri…, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Wed Aug 27, 2014
I'd love to help you. Feel free to contact me through my Trulia profile. You may want to consider Alpharetta and/ Johns Creek.
Gilbert Iaro…, Agent, Augusta, GA
Sun Aug 24, 2014
Take a look at Augusta GA and Columbia County Ga. Great area
Wolfert & Wr…, Agent, Roswell, GA
Fri Jul 25, 2014
It depends what you are moving here for. If it is a job it will depend on how long you are willing to commute. There are so many beautiful cities to choose from that are within the Atlanta metro area. Find where you will be working and a good real estate agent can help you with the options.
Amy Dawson, Agent, Roswell, GA
Wed May 28, 2014
There is not a blanket answer for that without considering many variables. Are you coming here for a job, need to be near the city, or retire near beautiful GA mountains or lake communities? Georgia has so much to offer!! I am a Georgia native, so I am bias, but seek out an area that will enrich your family's needs.
David Kilpat…, Agent, Alpharertta, GA
Thu Apr 10, 2014
Read my blog post about why Alpharetta is HANDS DOWN the BEST city to live in. http://www.trulia.com/blog/david_kilpatrick_team/2014/03/12_…
Jeff Aughey, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Sun Mar 23, 2014
I could do a better job answering your question if you gave a few more specifics regarding your possible move and what is important to you and your family.

Here are some general questions that anybody could consider when moving to a new area.

If for employment, then what type of job do you expect to get? If you can locate the highest probability of employment that could help reduce your travel time. We do have a good bit of traffic in the Atlanta Metro area but knowing where you will work will help you avoid those 1.5 hour commutes.

Are you trying to locate near any current family members in the area?

Do you have school age children that will be attending public schools? We have many fine public schools clusters in the metro Atlanta area but some are better than others. Look at Alpharetta, Milton, Johns Creek, Cumming, Buford City, Marietta City and the East Cobb area.

Home much home do you need for your money? You can use this site to give you a feeling of home much you can get for your money in the different areas. You get more for your money if you do not need to be close to the city or if you do not need the best schools.

There are many excellent Realtors that can help when you are able to share your thoughts on some of these questions. Feel free to look me up if you decide to consider the Alpharetta, Johns Creek or Cumming area. It would be a pleasure to assist you. I have been a Realtor for 26 years and have lived in Alpharetta for 20 years.

All the best with your move, Jeff
Sandy Thacker, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Sandy Springs, GA
Sun Nov 10, 2013
It depends on which part of Georgia-this would be a long list-North Atlanta is very popular and there are many choices. You want to keep your commute/travel to a minimum to preserve your quality of life. Also depends on your lifestyle, schools, etc... Any seasoned realtor can narrow down your choices.
Jimmy Payne, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Fri Oct 11, 2013
That is a loaded question, everyone thinks the city/county they live in is the best. There are several sources you can go to and see the quality of schools, community and business development. I would suggest greatschools.org and bestplaces.net. I live in Woodstock and I love Cherokee County. We just had an outlet mall open and next spring will have a giant Cabella's sporting goods store in Acworth. Good luck with your search and let me know if you need help finding a home.
Steven Betol…, Agent, Buford, GA
Sat Oct 5, 2013
Georgia has so many great cities and so much to offer that your question is really almost impossible to answer since it would be dependant on so many factors. However, Feel free to search for additional information about cities on our site at http://www.atlantaeproperties.com.
Karen Roszyk, , Alpharetta, GA
Wed Aug 21, 2013
I guess you can see by the different answers is that it depends. What it depends on is your priorities and what is important to you and your family. Schools, commute, type of home, amenities, access to parks, shopping, libraries, restaurants, recreational activities are all factors that might weigh in your decision. For instance, if you work downtown, Alpharetta would be a long commute. However, if you work in Cumming, Alpharetta would be a very good commute and also has excellent schools, etc. It will also depend on your price point as some of these areas can be quite pricey. Usually, the further out from town or inside the perimeter you go, the more house you will get for the money. There are lots of different cities here that could be ideal for your particular relocation, again will just depend on what is important to you and your family.

Karen Roszyk
"A Reputation for Results"

PalmerHouse Properties & Associates
5755 North Point Parkway, Ste 16
Alpharetta, GA 30022
Mobile: 770.355.7833
Office: 404.876.4901
karensellsnorthatlanta@gmail.com
Katherine Mo…, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Wed Aug 21, 2013
Depends on what you are looking for...Atlanta is great if you want the conveniences of a big city and the suburbs are great to raise a family. If you are looking for a more laid back lifestyle, Georgia has one of the longest coastlines along the Atlanta Ocean and great places to live, from Savannah to St. Simons Island.

There are also some great small towns, like Athens, that is home to the University of Georgia, so you have an economic base, or Macon in the middle of the state or Valdosta down south.

Then there's the very north part of the state where you have the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains and some beautiful small towns.

A lot to choose from! So think about what's important to you and your family, put together a list and one of these areas will fit the bill.

Best wishes,

Kathy

Katherine L. Morrison, CRS
Realtor/Owner
Team Realty Group
Alpharetta, GA
404-697-4626 (direct)
Kathy@chipandkathy.com
Isabel Elses…, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Wed Aug 21, 2013
Tthe best cities to live in are Milton, Dunwoody, Alpharetta, Suwanee, Johns Creek,
if you want to go North of Atlanta, Buford, Lawrenceville, Dacula, and Braselton.
Just to name a few!

Hope your move is a smooth one!

Isabel Elsesser, Realtor
First United Realty
Save Time & Money!
http://www.Facebook.com/ga.homes
http://www.isabelsnewhomes.com
http://www.Buford.georgiamls.com
Direct 770-307-8751
Fax 888-799-3184
Full Time from 1993-2013