Moving from Abq, New Mexico, is there anyone that can help me find a house or do I just have to keep searching the listings? June 1

Asked by Katieh72, Albuquerque, NM Tue Apr 2, 2013

It was suggested a realtor could help, but how do I find a realtor that handles rentals? the leasing agents don't seem interested in helping.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3073618893-3613-Quebec-Ave-S-Sa…

Answers

5
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Fri Jul 17, 2015
Yes, renting is more difficult than purchasing in agent representation. This is due to landlords not offering compensation to leasing agents, in most cases.
Josh Lund, , Minneapolis, MN
Fri Jul 17, 2015
Hello Katieh72,
Good morning.
Did you ever make the move to MN from NM? Did you buy a home? Are you renting in MN?
Are you still in the market to buy a home? If so, I would love to see if we can help you out. . Do you have a realtor yet? If not we have preferred ones we can get you in contact with. I would like to see if I can help you out with a home mortgage. I will try and make this a very easy process. Please let me know how to help out.
Thanks much.
Josh Lund
MN District Branch Manager
NMLS # 387408
Gold Star Financial Group
Mobile: 612.802.3265
Office: 952.884.5442
eFax: 877.666.0007
jlund@goldstarfinancial.com
Sahar Samadi…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Feb 28, 2015
Where are you moving to? Depending on the location- you can contact a locator and they will be able to help you
Susan Hoffla…, Agent, Shoreview, MN
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Hi, Katieh!
There are agents that are experienced in helping renters here in the Twin Cities. The difficulty arises in that any rental listings that are NOT listed on our MLS do not necessarily pay anything to the agent for such assistance. That's why the leasing agents can't help you, because their job is to help the owners with specific properties, not helping you, the renter, find properties that may not be listed on their roster.

So, since this is our profession, it's counter productive for us to be spending time with a prospective renter with a good possibility that the owner won't want to pay us for our time. In that case, the responsibility would fall on the renter to pay the agent's fee, and many times, the renters don't want to do that.

Does that make sense? It's difficult to actually tell people that. Some would perceive that as agents only being concerned about the money. When someone says things like that to us, I try to clarify by asking that person if they would want to go to their job, work for days, sometimes weeks, only to be told at the end of that work that they wouldn't be paid? So far, nobody has answered yes to that question!!! :D

Good luck, Katieh!
Web Reference:  http://www.homestosellmn.com
I totally get that Susan, but I have contacted a few companies and asked if they had anything that they knew of coming up for June 1 and was just told to keep searching the sites. Seems to me it would be of benefit to their client as well if they had someone coming in as soon as the house was available.
Some I have replied to have not bothered to read that I am moving up there June 1 and unable to visit the property myself but have friends/family in the area that can do so on my behalf, they just send out the canned reply to fill out the request for a viewing. That makes me question whether I would even want to rent from a company who is paying so little attention to detail.
Can you tell me when some of these homes that are currently vacant are likely to be released for a June 1 rental? Seems some have been on the market a very long time. I do realize that is likely to vary company to company, but perhaps you have a gut feeling about it? I do appreciate your honest input.
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013
Flag Tue Apr 2, 2013
Chase Lenz, Agent, Minneapolis, MN
Tue Apr 2, 2013
I would be willing to help if you wanted to pay me. Usually realtors don't get paid on a rental unless they are finding the tenant for the owner of a property that has agreed to pay them.
Give me a call or email and I might be able to help.