Rentals in New Orleans>Question Details

Lilinkgirl, Renter in New Orleans, LA

Military needs help finding a rental in New orleans

Asked by Lilinkgirl, New Orleans, LA Sat May 8, 2010

My husband and I recieved orders to New Orleans. We will be coming down to look at rentals June 14th thru the 21st. We would really like to find an agent who will help us. We only have that week, I had previously posted a similar question and got some helpful answers but no one would return my emails. Can someone please help? thank you
Candice

Answers

4
hey, you know the armed forces actually has a real estate division that's specifically there for this exact situation?

you might want to research that.
I think either of these two areas would suit your taste. Some units are fully furnished. Look to spend 900-1200 depending on your location and square footage needs.

The 600 block of Julia Street has a collection of thirteen mid-19th century townhouses often referred to as Julia Row or the Thirteen Sisters. Impressive as they are, architecture isn't the real reason to come to Julia Street -- it's art. This area, dubbed the "SoHo of the South," now houses some of the city's best art galleries and Julia Street itself counts some of the more interesting among its restored warehouses and townhouses. This is ground zero for a taste of what's happening on the New Orleans art scene. A block and a half south of Julia is one of New Orleans' best-kept secrets, and a secret it shouldn't be. The Contemporary Arts Center (CAC) is the heart and soul of the area's arts renaissance. A cavernous warehouse space to showcase local artists, it's a contemporary art lover's dream. A visit to the CAC is a must while in New Orleans. The CAC is located at 900 Camp Street. http://www.artneworleansmag.com/directory.htm

The Garden District was annexed to New Orleans in 1852 and is National Historic Landmark. The gardens are resplendent in magnolia, palms and live oak. The houses are a confection of wrought iron, graceful balconies and Doric, Ionic and Corinthian columns. Architects imported from Baltimore and Philadelphia engaged in a bigger-is-better rivalry with the Creoles of the French Quarter. Edgar Degas' uncle lived here, over a hundred years ago and yes, the painter did visit.

FYI: The Algiers ferry leaves the Canal Street docks every half-hour starting at 6 AM. Destination is Algiers.
What is your budget?
Is this for a one yr lease?
If you are serious, you need to have a clear idea of what you need to have and a budget, and be ready to write a check when you see what fits your criteria.
Web Reference: http://iansellsnola.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 8, 2010
I will be glad to help you but I need to know what area you want to live and what the budget is . Area can be determined by many things such as : distance from job ( address ) , available schools or proximity to doctors , hospitals ,etc. Email me at eileenbmurray@gmail.com or phone at (504) 891-1071 .
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 8, 2010