Rashunda Jon…, Renter in 75071

Me and my husband had to file bk 7 recently. We have been living in the same rental home for 6 years but now we need to move for more space.

Asked by Rashunda Jones, 75071 Wed May 23, 2012

Between the two of us we have a total income of $120K but the bk was needed to take care of medical bills. Will someone rent a home to us? We have great rental history. Need to move in the next 30-60 days for a 4 bedroom house. PLEASE HELP!

Answers

8
Kiran Adhika…, Home Buyer, McKinney, TX
Wed May 30, 2012
We have one 5428 RidgePass lane (2200 sqft), it is 3 bedroom and one extra room which can be made bedroom.
call me 972-814-2492.
Flag Wed May 30, 2012
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed May 23, 2012
I specialize in residential leasing

Contact my office today
Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Jeremy Tille…, Agent, McKinney, TX
Wed May 23, 2012
It does depend on the landlord and what they see as a high risk. You should be able to get into another rental though. I live and work in McKinney and know the rental market well. If you are not working with another realtor, I would love to help you. You need to start seriously looking right now because some properties may be occupied and will need time to leave and clean the property.

Jeremy Tillett
Keller Williams McKinney
903.819.1078
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Wed May 23, 2012
You'll want to offer something different than the normal lease. Offer something like double or triple deposit and 2months rent up front. That will make owners stand up and listen and be interested in your application.

If your bankruptcy is active, you may have to wait until it is discharged or resolved.
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed May 23, 2012
Rashunda,

It all depends on the future landlord. Having a great rental history, good income is always helpful and also being honest on your application.

Let me know what type of properties you are looking for and your budget, I'll show you around.

Thank you!

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Sue Riley, Agent, Celina, TX
Wed May 23, 2012
It is really up to the owner how they view this. However, if everything else on your check is good and you are honest and up front with the owner they may still lease to you, expecially as it was due to medical bills. Some landlords will charge a higher deposit if the credit is not stella,
I would suggest that you ask what the landlord's conditions are prior to putting in an application for a home to make sure that they will be willing to lease to you.
It is a good idea to have an agent to help you through the process. I will be happy to help you with this.
Sue
Andrea Brooks, Agent, Plano, TX
Wed May 23, 2012
Hi Rashunda,

The rental market is hopping so you'll need to act fast when you find a home you like. Bankruptcy can complicate things for landlords so be prepared to get turned down. The important thing is be up front about it when you apply and offer a solution that will put their minds at ease - like paying a double security deposit for example. Good luck!

Andrea Brooks
Keller Williams
Amy Downs, Agent, Dallas, TX
Wed May 23, 2012
Hi Rashunda,

Let's go find the right place for you! Let me know what you are looking for.

I am here to help!

Amy Downs, Realtor
214.538.5215
amydowns@kw.com
amydowns.com