Luxury apartments near NYC - 1 bedroom - max $2,000. Any suggestions?

Asked by Meghan Hamlin, Hoboken, NJ Tue Jul 2, 2013

We are currently living in Hoboken, but looking for find an apartment that is a little bigger and nicer (luxury) for our money. We both work in NYC, so we would need something that is close to the city. We also would like to be in a safe, nice area where we can walk our dog.

Answers

9
Gertrud Borc…, Home Buyer, Hoboken, NJ
Tue Jul 2, 2013
Meghan,
a lot depends on what you are looking for. You say "luxury". You will not find a big apartment in a building with lots of amenities close to Manhattan. I have come across a few very nice apartments that are under $2,000 that you might consider.

Gertrud Borchardt
Liberty Realty LLC
201-232-3341
Diane Maxon, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Fri Jul 26, 2013
Hi - My office is on Grove St. in Downtown Jersey City and I'd be glad to help you find what you are looking for.

Please contact me.
Emil Veltre, Agent, Clearwater Beach, FL
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Hi Meghan,

Please give me a call at 973.868.4034 to discuss what exactly you are looking for so we can determine what area would be best suited for you.

My goal is to match the right tenant with the right unit for a perfect fit!

I look forward to speaking with you!

Have a good evening!

Emil

Emil Veltre, RPh, MS, CDPE
Realtor Associate
Liberty Realty
525 Washington Street
Hoboken, NJ 07030
Mobile: 973.868.4034
Email: EmilVeltre@aol.com
Website: http://www.EmilVeltre.com
Walstmnky, Home Buyer, 07093
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Where do you work in the city?

I would recommend Port Liberte. Two years ago you could get a 2 BR, 1230 SqFt, 2 Bathroom place for $2K. These days, prices have gone up, but you can still get a 1 BR for that price, maybe a bit cheaper.

Most apartments come with 1 garage spot, and additional parking is free. Your dog can run all he wants. You can too.

It is extremely safe, and there is a 24 hour gated security.

If you can work downtown, you can take the ferry, which is expensive. Otherwise, shuttle to Path, and Path to NYC.

This beats the commute of all options below.

P.S. Although uncalled for, regarding 700 Grove: who wants to live by the rail-road tracks like 200 feet from the projects?? 16th and Grove is a very nice Church that provides shelter and food to homeless people. 14th and Erie there is a Salvation Army rehabilitation center. And 14th street has a ton of gas station. Living near gas stations is bad for your health.
Andrew Tisel…, Agent, Clifton, NJ
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Hi let me know if you would be interested in Secaucus, Rutherford, Lyndurst
you can get a lot more for your money.
David Bistany, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Tue Jul 2, 2013
Hi Meghan,

I have a wonderful 800 square foot rental at 700 Grove Street that is $2150 per month.

It's located in a full service, elevator, doorman building with a gym and shuttle to and from the Hoboken PATH. Available August 1st.

Granite, stainless steel, hardwood floors, washer/dryer in unit and a private balcony.

This unit is located on the 8th floor with NYC views.

Feel free to call or write with any questions.

Warm regards,

David Bistany, CRS, Green
Liberty Realty, LLC
201-852-3291
dbistany@libertyrealestate.com
Kristin Ehrg…, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Tue Jul 2, 2013
I know of a nice 1 bedroom on 7th & Jefferson in an elevator building, laundry in unit, hardwood floors, central air/heat, 1 car garage parking included for $2450/mo that will allow a dog. It's a great central location close to Columbus Park and Church Square park. About 12 min walk to the path or 2 blocks to the bus to NYC. You can email me to see it. kris@prudentialcpr.com
Diane Maxon, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Tue Jul 2, 2013
Hi Meaghan - For a high rise apartment with many amenities and perhaps a river/city view, you will definitely have to go higher than $2000. You can get a very nice one bedroom in a good neighborhood of Jersey City for that price. Please contact me and I will send you listings of both hi-rise luxury buildings and more affordable options for you, both in the great neighborhoods of Downtown Jersey City.
Donna Antonu…, , Hoboken, NJ
Tue Jul 2, 2013
How far are you willing to go for luxury? In hoboken and downtown JC 'luxury' starts more around $3,000 vs $2000.

There are apartments along River Road in luxury communities where you can find one bedrooms closer to $2000 but generally as most would describe luxury it's a little higher than $2K. Are you coming from outside the area?
We are looking all over hudson county. We looked at Xchange in Secaucus and liked it very much but the inital move in fees are very extensive. That is what I would describe as luxury. No, we live in hoboken currently and are looking for something a bit bigger/nicer with easy NYC transportation. Thanks!
Flag Tue Jul 2, 2013