Looking to rent in Monmouth Jct, NJ

Asked by Buyer/Seller, Kendall Park, NJ Sat Apr 9, 2011

I am looking to rent a place in whispering woods, monmouth junction, nj. The owner has kept the place in a pathetic condition. The windows leak air, water drips in sink, the bath tub is clogged, the wiring is dangerous, and appliances are old and unmaintained. I have been quoted a rate of $1500/mo for this condo in shambles.

The owner promises to do all repairs after a month I move-in. Is this place worth renting? What other rental options are available for me in Whispering Woods? What can I do by law, if I move in and the owner does not make any changes?

Answers

2
Km, Renter, 08852
Tue Jun 7, 2011
That sounds ridiculous that the landlord would do the repairs after you move in. You would think it would be done ahead of time. Also, they could be BS'ing you. If you sign a lease, make sure that ALL promised repairs are stipulated, as well as, a time frame for them to be completed. Also, I'm not sure how many BR's you have - the 2 BR go for about 1400 for the 1st floor, but anywhere up to 1600 for the 3rd floor.
Terri Vellios, Agent, Campbell, CA
Sat Apr 9, 2011
Why would the landlord wait until you move in to do repairs? It will be a disruption to you. I don't know your area so I can not speak to the value or laws. You may want to consult with a local agent.
Web Reference:  http://terrivellios.com