Looking to rent but have 2 felonies (3 years ago, no sexual, no child abuse) and evictions-any hope?

Asked by Changedlife, Hampden, Denver, CO Tue Feb 28, 2012

Answers

4
Robert McGui…, Agent, Denver, CO
Tue Feb 28, 2012
Changedlife,

Good answer by Nina below. Also there is a friend of mine who specializes in helping people who have been incarcerated to get back on there feet with jobs, housing, counseling, etc. Contact him for help as well and mention my name.

Transformational Leadership Forum
Post Office Box 181992
Denver, Colorado 80218
phone: 303 886-0610
web address: http://www.TLF8.Com
email: Leaders@TLF8.com

Good success to you.

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
1776 S. Jackson St. #412
Denver CO 80210
Direct – 303-669-1246
http://rmcguire.yourcastle.org
Suz A, Agent, Longmont, CO
Thu Mar 1, 2012
A job is very important, Changedlife. The rental market in Denver and surrounding areas is very tight. I would use the resources available to you. And don't give up. More and more people are finding it difficult to find a suitable place to rent. A job puts you at the front of line. Other considerations are secondary. A letter sounds like a very good idea. Best of luck.

SuZ
J. David Lam…, Agent, Denver, CO
Tue Feb 28, 2012
I agree with the answers below. Also, be honest about your past. I own rental property and have had applicants lie on their applications. I run a background/credit check and when I find out that they have been dishonest, that affects my decision to rent to them or not more than some problem they have had in their past. Good luck to you.
Nina Kuhl, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Tue Feb 28, 2012
Every rental property is handled differently and it is up to the property manager/owner. Some rentals will ask if you had a felony and evictions as part of the application process and others will not. If this question does come up, I suggest having your parole officer, current landlord, etc write a letter of recommendation and even writing a letter about how you are on the right track. Good luck!

Nina Kuhl
Cherry Creek Properties LLC
c: 303-913-5858