Rentals in Charlotte>Question Details

megand, Renter in Charlotte, NC

Looking to move into a rental house at the end of Sept/early Oct. When is the best time to start looking? Most rentals are move-in ready now.

Asked by megand, Charlotte, NC Thu Jun 20, 2013

Answers

3
I would say somewhere around 30 to 60 days to begin looking at the renatals and filling out applications. I would start probably closer to the 60 day mark just becuase of the time involved in the managemetn companies doing checks and availability may not be as update when you call to look at places...

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 21, 2013
You want to give yourself plenty of time to search for a rental and move, so I would say about a month before you plan to move.

If you try to find a place much earlier than that, chances are it wont still be on the market when you're ready to sign a rental agreement.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jun 20, 2013
Good afternoon, Megand:
I'd suggest giving yourself a month to find a place and then a couple weeks to move after you get a lease agreement worked out. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.