Rentals in Duluth>Question Details

moorel5619, Home Buyer in Duluth, GA

Looking for rental home (3 bdrm, 2ba., fenced backyard) in west Duluth / Johns Creek surrounding area

Asked by moorel5619, Duluth, GA Wed Sep 4, 2013

Gave 60 day notice on 09/03, if necessary can move in mid-October. $1,100 - $1,350 range. Should we go through a realtor for assistance?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Duluth

Deryk is somewhat correct but I don't think you need to find a whole bunch of options for what you need. Narrowed options seem better to me. I found 5 options but that means going up to the $1400-$1500 range and maybe meeting owners and making them the offer of what you want. Any owner wants to have good tenants so they sometimes can work on the rental rates with you. If most real estate investors played the right game they would also know that people stay in a home longer when they have pets. BUT, most of the homes I just found, were probably not owned by RE Investors and their agents probably are telling them not to allow pets. But you have to try somewhere.
Thank you. We have a small 3 y/o chihuahua who is no trouble, but we do want a fenced yard for her and when our grandchildren visit. Also, would be interested in a least a 2+ year lease on the right house if available. We have some flexibility on the rental rate.
Flag Thu Sep 5, 2013
You might need more than a REALTOR® to find what you are looking for. I just checked and there are currently only 4 available listings $1350, or lower, in that area, that are listed by agents. Three of those are townhomes and none of them have fenced backyards. With the high demand / low supply for rentals in this area it will be a big challenge to find what you are looking for in that price range.

Fenced backyard. Does that mean you have pets? Many rental properties will not allow pets so that may reduce your choices even more. You need to disclose pets up front when inquiring about a rental home if you do have pets.

It will be difficult to find something in the next couple of weeks because most owners will not hold their property off the market for 30+ days to wait for you to move in. You will probably have better luck starting to search, in earnest, about 30 days before you need to move in. Always good to check earlier though in case you find an tenant occupied listing that won't be ready for a new tenant for 30 to 60 days. These are rare.

Good luck with your search!