These are my suggestions for you:
1. Get Register and check all apartments in your price range and give them a call and ask questions.
2. "Nice and Quiet" is a description different from a person to a person. You have to decide.
3. Few real estate agent if any will work with you to find an apartment. No rewards.
4. Get hold of a local specialist if you want to lease a condo or a home; then you will get all properties available in the area you desire.
5. While you meet an agent, get a consultation on your qualification for buying instead of renting.
Our Real Estate office in Fullerton has a property management division, offering a variety of rentals in the area.
Stop by our office and look at our rental board, or call me and I can e-mail you our available properties.
Realty Executives Premier
3261 N. Harbor Blvd #B
Fullerton, CA 92835
Depending on what you can afford, renting can be good, however, with as low as interest rates and sale prices are right now, Rents Will go up, it might be a good time for you to explore buying a condo or something. I have down payment program as low as 1/2 % down payment, that's about under $2,000 for a $350,000 sale price. That's probably less than 1st & Last month rent deposit. That could be a tax refund. If you buy a condo in So Cal, especialy in the OC, you would easily be able to rent it out in the future or sell it and use equity to buy up next time around.
I can do a free consultation with you, no strings attached and free of charge to see if you could qualify. What If?
Hope to hear from you
Jeff The Lender from the OC
Sr. Loan Officer
NMLS ID# 255097
Progressive Loan Funding (A Direct Lender)
Follow me on Twitter