Looking for a min 3 BR/2BA house rental in Montclair, what are typical broker fees?

Asked by lizsteph, Montclair, NJ Fri Jan 25, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3085956219-94-Midland-Ave-Montc…

Answers

11
Laquita Baez, , New Jersey
Mon Jan 28, 2013
It's usually equivalent to 1 month's rent.

Laquita Baez
Weichert Realtors
973.687.7095
Kate Lemmer, Agent, Montclair, NJ
Sun Jan 27, 2013
Hi, Typical Broker Fees for the lessee are one full month rent or 10% of the annual rent split between the two agents involved.

Kate
Keller Williams NJ Metro Group
Montclair, NJ 07042
201-953-2059
katelemmer@me.com
Mark Eulie, , Montclair, NJ
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Generally one month commission paid by the tenant. One broker in this markst charges 10% of the annnual rent, but they are an eception to the norm
Mark Eulie.
Mary Petti, Agent, Edison, NJ
Sat Jan 26, 2013
Liz
Not sure what happens in Montclair but in my neck of the woods (Middlesex Cty) I see about an even split where either landlord pays, tenant pays, or LL and tenant split commission.
As others mentioned typically the commission is equal to one months rent and less frequently its a percent of the total lease amount.
Bear in mind you usually also need 1.5 months rent for security deposit and first months rent upfront. Then if its your responsibility to split or pay full commission that can add another 1/2 to 1 full months rent to your total initial outlay.
Robert and S…, Agent, Montclair, NJ
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Typically, the rent fee is paid by the tenant customarily one month's rent. Since landlords know this they are not eager to compensate the fee unless the rental is less than favourable. Sometimes they may offer half the fee as an incentive. A few agencies charge 10% of total rent which on a $2,000 rental would be actually $2,400 (2k x 12) so be aware of this. If you would like the latest rentals in Montclair to arrive in your inbox daily, do contact me.
Allen McCloud, Agent, Montclair, NJ
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Generally the broker fee is equal to 1 month's rent. However sometimes the landlord is willing to split the fee and although less often may even pick up the entire fee. You can contact me @
EXIT PLATINUM REALTY
200 Claremont Avenue, Montclair, NJ. 07042
973 746-4777 - Office
201 618-8978 - Mobile
Carl Ben Wit…, Agent, Upper Montclair, NJ
Fri Jan 25, 2013
There are 16 such rental houses in Essex county right now, none in Montclair though.I see oneor two where the landlord will split theone month fee with tenant. Otherwise tenant pays the one month fee. 94 Midland is not available to rent at this time. Contact a realtor for service. Good luck. Carl 973 632 8593
Blanca Rosar…, Agent, Upper Montclair, NJ
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Hi Liz

Typical broker fee is one months rent. Not as common but also 10% of the annual rental. For a house rental its also not common for a landlord to pay the fee.

Good Luck with your search.

Blanca Rosario
http://Www.BlancaRosario.com
Brian Diehl, Agent, Verona, NJ
Fri Jan 25, 2013
In most cases it is one month's rent. Sometimes the landlord pays the fee; otherwise, the tenant pays the fee. With the security deposit and first months rent in advance, you could have to write a check for three and a half months rent prior to moving in.
If you'd like some assistance in locating a place that meets your needs, please do not hesitate to email me.

Brian Diehl
Prudential New Jersey Properties
West Essex Office
Brian.Diehl@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Latisha Hayn…, Agent, Edison, NJ
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Hello Lizsteph,
To answer your question the typical broker is usually one months rent, but I would say check with the agent that you are working with to confirm because it can vary. If you would like to discuss more details what I can assist you please email me privately at lhaynesre@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Latisha Haynes, Keller Williams NJ Metro Group, (973) 223-9311.
Sharon and K…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Fri Jan 25, 2013
Realtor fees are usually 1 month rent. You will also be responsible for 1.5 month rent as security and the 1st month rent.

If you need more rental postings you can check our website listed below

Sharon and Karen
Keller Williams
Livingston
917-294-0356
Sharonandkaren@kw.com