Chrissy, Renter in Houston, TX

Looking for a house or town home in 77095 or 77084. Max around $1100 / month.

Asked by Chrissy, Houston, TX Wed Sep 26, 2012

Needing end of October, have a 50 lb dog and Prefer something with Fridge, washer and dryer. We asked a "realtor" to help us and so far... well... WE Need help ASAP mediocre credit but postive work & rental history & no criminal background.

Answers

6
Persis Behra…, Agent, Cinco Ranch, TX
Wed Sep 26, 2012
Hi Chrissy,

There is an area that is close to the 77095 zip code that has a handful of homes that include either all 3 or at least the refrigerator and have an option for pets, which I can check on, for you.

You may or may not have seen these in the 77095 area - there are 2 Duplexes, both with enclosed backyards, 3 bedrooms that do have pets on a case-by-case basis. One is going to $1,095 and the other for $1,125 and are around the Canyon Lakes area, but don't have the appliances you need.
The 77084 area also has a handful of homes starting at $975 and up, but they don't seem to be equipped with the appliances either.

If you are not already working with someone, please call me and I can arrange for you to see these homes.

Thank you for checking on Trulia. I will be happy to help.

Persis
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
Becky Griffin, , Houston, TX
Wed Sep 26, 2012
I can help you today. Please call me tonight at 713-504-9575.
Jay Abeya, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Houston, TX
Wed Sep 26, 2012
Do you know what you credit score is at?? if you are above 640 the chances of getting mortgage loan is far greater than you think. Feel free to contact me if you wish to further discuss. Have a great day!!
Lance Loken, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Sep 26, 2012
For home or townhome rentals, you could try searching Trulia listings or on HAR. HAR has a map searching tool where you can specify what you're looking to rent in what areas (http://www.har.com/mapsearch/). You'd have to pick through entries based on whether or not they allow large pets.

Our team works with renters, and could be most helpful to you by working with you personally to find a rental that fits your needs. Working with you one-on-one will give us a better feel for what you require. We'd be happy to help you out! Message us and I can have one of our Renter's/Buyer's Specialists give you a call ASAP.

The Loken Group
281- 861- 4624
info@thelokengroup.com
Web Reference:  http://www.thelokengroup.com
Carolyn Wol…, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Sep 26, 2012
I have found 8 properties in that area that take pets on a Case By Case basis.
As Al states, a lot of landlords have weight restrictions, but a single family home with a fenced in yard would be your best bet.
If the pet is a pit bull breed, the landlord may decline because of insurance reasons.
Some property management companies require a clear picture of the animal so the landlord can make their decision.

Check out my website and send me a messege if you would like me to send you the rentals I found.
I can send you the rentals I found so far if you like. I buy, sell , and lease. And everyone loves Labs
Flag Wed Sep 26, 2012
The 2 I have found in what I consider livable neighborhoods do not have a refridgerator. i've lived in 4 other towns in Texas- apartments, duplex, townhome, house and never encountered no appliances I guess its the norm in Houston now but I'd prefer not to buy a fridge I'm going to use for 1-2 years. I saw your website but all I see you have listed are homes for sale. Not ready to buy just yet. But Thank you!
Flag Wed Sep 26, 2012
Thanks and no, she's not a vicious breed at all, Lab heeler mix. I have seen probably 5 of those 8 properties and I guess I should have also stated I would like a safe neighborhood
Flag Wed Sep 26, 2012
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Sep 26, 2012
In most instances, work and rental histories would somewhat mitigate "mediocre" credit. The major issue, however, is the dog. I have a unit available, but the owner will not accept an animal heavier than 15 lbs. Add the fact that you want all appliances included, as well as your not needing the home for another month, and your options are further limited. I suggest that you look on Craigslist, or pick up one of the local throwaway newspapers. Landlords advertising directly have a tendency to be a bit more flexible than those listing property with Realtors. In any event, be prepared to pay a hefty pet deposit ... $500, non-refundable, would not be out of the question. Best of luck to you.

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@algeffon.com
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Chrissy ...
I'm glad that you're a responsible pet owner ... many individuals are not. I have three dogs myself. I checked with my client, and she's insistent on the weight limit. I wish she weren't so inflexible ... you'd be a great tenant. The only advice I can offer you right now (in addition to what I've already written) is to check out the rent-to-own places (Aaron's, etc.) for appliances. Many have items for sale that were rented out and returned. You could hit it right. Best of luck ... hope you find a great place real soon.
Al
Flag Thu Sep 27, 2012
I have references for my dog as well, she is 8 years old fully trained and appliances are negotiable as a I said "prefer" not require. But I appreciate the advice and am aware I'm going to shell out at least $300 for my dog as I have everywhere I've ever lived.
Flag Wed Sep 26, 2012