Looking for a home rental with a broken lease from 2008

Asked by Jose.a.mercado, Houston, TX Tue Jun 17, 2014

I have 1 broken lease from 6 years ago in 2008. I am trying to rent a house. My credit is great and I have no evictions, or any other bad rental history. I make about 5000 per month and just want to rent a home until I buy.

Answers

2
Stephanie Le…, Agent, Miami Lakes, FL
Wed Jun 18, 2014
A broken lease from 2008 should not real effect you as it is 6 years ago. Most place only look back 5 years or less. If you are concerned and would like to address the broken lease in 2008 you can always prepare a letter of explanation to submit with you application to lease.

But with good credit and no bad rental history you should have no problem.
Bill Barkley, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Wed Jun 18, 2014
This may sound trivial, but take the time to write a detailed explanation with regard to the broker lease. If you will submit such a letter with your application, it will better allow the property manager or leasing agent to understand the circumstance, and possibly allow for a recommendation for approval.