Looking for a home for rent in South Charlotte and not getting a lot of responses back what gives?

Asked by Josh Mangum, Ballantyne West, Charlotte, NC Mon Jun 17, 2013

credit great, income great, rental history fantastic and I can't find a place to live... weird

Answers

6
Janice Mayna…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Fri Jan 24, 2014
Josh,
Have you thought about buying? I have a great lender that is working wonders getting people pre-approved. If you are interested in finding out if you can buy instead of rent give me a call/text or send me an email. She can get you pre-approved over the phone and in most cases in just one day. I hope I can help you pay for your own home instead of someone else's.

http://www.unioncountyhomes4sale.com or http://janicemaynard.yourkwagent.com/

Thank you for this opportunity to serve you, I realize you have a choice of Real Estate Brokers, so I truly appreciate your business.

Your dedicated Real Estate Broker,

Janice Maynard
Broker/REALTOR, Serving NC and SC
Keller Williams Ballantyne
704-641-0626 Cell/Text
Janicemaynard.kwrealty.com
http://www.unioncountyhomes4sale.com
Madalene Gre…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Jan 20, 2014
Hi Josh!

Have you yet found a rental in South Charlotte?
If not I will be happy to assist you with your search.
I live in and know this area very very well!

Madalene
704-430-7811
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Josh,

Not usre where you are looking for rentals. but ballantyne is a very popular rental area and decent rentals priced right tend to move rather quickly in that area....You may be contacting some people that have already rented the places out. based on what you have said it does not sound like it is you or your credit or background that is hindering your application. it may be just timing in finding the places before they are rented out

Unforutnaltely, as Realtors the compensation we receive for rentals is so small and the market right now has picked up so much locating a Realtor willing to devote the time and effort to help you out is not going to be easy...I am willing to give you some of my time if you can let me know what the criteria is you are looking for and where you are looking

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell banker United
Cell;704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Robin Faison, Agent, Kannapolis, NC
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Josh,

You may not be getting calls because the places have already been rented. I have that problem too sometimes with leasing agents. There are ways to find good rental homes and reasons that the current system is not optimal for the consumer and the realtor.

In many states of the US and Canada, the realtor is compensated with a full month of rent or 1/2 month of rent or 10% to 20% of the rent for the term of the lease. In North Carolina, only 10% to 15% of the first month of rent is usually offered to the showing realtor when the property is leased. To put this in perspective, if I work 3 days or 1 week to find a customer a rental where the rent is $1000/month, then I am paid $100 to $150 in 30 t0 60 days. WOULD YOU WORK 24 to 32 HOURS FOR $100 to be paid in 30 to 60 days and pay for your own gas?

The leasing agent makes more money, but still not a lot, and has more control of the leasing situation when they find the tenant. Mostly, the leasing agent makes money when the customer buys a house later or when that agent refers the tenant out to a buyer agent.

So, the system is flawed because there is inadequate compensation to the showing agent in NC. My suggestion has always been that agents get paid on a reasonable hourly basis by the prospective tenant and not the landlord. It does not make sense to me to brow beat someone into working with me in the future because I was not paid adequately for the initial work that I did for them. To date, most of the people who are willing to pay on an hourly basis have been astute business professionals who see the value of having someone work diligently on their behalf to find a suitable rental home.

Now lastly, rentals in Ballantyne have always been leased rapidly. There are several realty companies to call to find out future houses or townhouses for rent, e.g. TR Lawing Realty. You can look on Craigslist, Charlotte Observer Classifieds, local or trendy papers. Or, you might just go to the place where you want to live and talk to homeowners. You could ask your realtor to call expired and withdrawn listings to see if any of the homeowners want to rent their house. You could visit a new home development and ask the on-site realtor if there were any prospective buyers for the builder's houses that needed to rent before buying. You could approach some for sale by owners to see if they would want to rent. The best way to find good rentals is to do a little footwork - greet and meet people, utilize MLS and a realtor.

Wishing you success,
Robin Faison, broker
704-564-5607
Jan Teel, Agent, Matthews, NC
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Contact me and I will assist you in any way possible. Unfortunately, Realtors don't get much in the way of compensation for assisting renters in securing a lease. I do, however, help as a means of a community service and in the hope that when you get ready to buy you will call upon me and I will be rewarded for assisting you in this transitional season of your life.

Please contact me at janteel@carolina.rr.com and let me know what your search specifics are and I will send you links to homes that may work for you.

Blessings upon you...
Jan Teel
TEEL Realty
704-641-0267
Charles Woske, , Panama City Beach, FL
Mon Jun 17, 2013
Hi Josh, that is unusual. I am not from Charlotte, but a quick search revealed the Yellow Pages listing below for rental agencies, not sure if you have contacted some of them. Note some have been rated by users.

http://www.yellowpages.com/charlotte-nc/rental-agencies

I wish you luck in your search!
I am happy to help you with your search! I have lived in the different "cool" areas of Charlotte. Message me your details and I am happy to help you out!.
http://www.southcharlotteareaproperties.com
Flag Thu Feb 27, 2014