Looking for a 1 bedroom in downtown JC area or Hoboken near PATH station. Our move in date is 12/1. Budget 1,600-2,100. Suggestions?

Asked by Eric, Jersey City, NJ Mon Sep 10, 2012

Answers

3
Karina Abad, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Tue Sep 11, 2012
Hi Eric in November start calling a few real estate agencies and search Craigslist for listings.
For December you might be able to find something between $1800-$2100 near the PATH since not many people move in the winter and prices may be a little more forgiving.

You will also want to try some rental buildings like 225 Grand in November to see if they'll have something come up for you.

Best of luck
Michael Klein, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Mon Sep 10, 2012
usually I suggest to start as search 45 days befiore move in which would be mid October but inventory is really tight and since you only need 1 place to rent you never know if that one place comes up....$1,600 probably wont happen. You should probably figure $2,100 on the very low side but think more in the $2,300 to $2,500 range. All rentals are not on the multiple listing service but to find these just check realtor.com. You can also go to http://www.libertyrealestate.com which usually has a pretty good inventory. Goodluck
Christopher…, Agent, Edgewater Park, NJ
Mon Sep 10, 2012
Hi Eric,

As for Hoboken, that's a tough one. Inventory is historically low and you can expect to pay in the $2,400 region for the best places.

You may find a place in JC but their prices are closely aligned to Hoboken right now.

I'd be more then happy to point you in the right direction. You can contact me at chrisporeda@gmail.com.

Good Luck and all the Best,

Christopher