Likely posted working with UN in NY working there for 2 of years. We are not currently living in the US. How about securing a rental?

Asked by donald.corinne, New York, NY Sat Oct 27, 2012

Looking for a 2 bdr appt or 3 bdr house in Brooklyn, or other suburb, looking for good neighbd.

Answers

4
Kris Chung, , New York, NY
Fri Nov 2, 2012
Hi there, I would be happy to chat with you and walk you through the process. We have access to many listings in Brooklyn and I would be glad to show you. Please email me at kchung@kianrealtynyc.com and let me know a good time to call. - Kris
John Maniec, Agent, Bayside, NY
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Northeast queens, nyc is a short 30 minute commute to penn statation/manhattan via LIRR. the communities of bayside, littlte neck, and douglaston offer the best of suburbia yet close to the Big Apple. school district #26 are part of these communities and boasts year after year the highest rated public schools in all of nyc.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Depending on your budget you have many options, in Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, etc. Ask people you may know about areas of interest; depending on your employment position--see if relocation benefits are offered with respect to housing, etc. Or consider working with an agent of your ow who can help you with your search. Check out http://www.mlsli.com for available area properties in the Queens, Nassau, Suffolk County area.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Hi Donald!

Here's one option you may consider -

I work in a NYC suburb located in NJ - approximately 17 miles from the city.
Several towns in my area offer the "Mid Town Direct" train right into Penn Station - the commute can average 30-45 min, depending on your stop.

Much will depend on your price range.

I recently rented an elegant 4 BR, 3.5 bth home in Short HIlls, a very high end, desirable town with wonderful schools, shopping, restaurants and boutiques for $6000 (it was walking distance to the train) - there are other homes starting in the $4000 range. There might be some options in neighboring towns starting in the $3500 range.

Towns in my area to consider include (here's a short list):
in addition to Millburn/Short Hills - Summit, Livingston, Madison, Chatham, Montclair, & Morristown, just to mention a few.

By comparison, Manhattan would cost in the $3000- 4000+ range just for a 2 BR/2bth apartment in a doorman building.

Best wishes.......plesse let me know if you'd like to explore the possibilities in my area!
Good luck with your move.