Legally binding?

Asked by Dareu2loveme, Gresham, OR Mon Aug 27, 2012

In Washington State, if my husband, as one applicant, signs a statement acknowledging payment to a rental agency of a holding fee that is non refundable, but I, as the other applicant, did not sign, see, or know about this form, is the form legally binding or can we get that money back?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Dodie Butler, , Washington, DC
Mon Aug 27, 2012
Your question has come up on a Trulia board for Washington, D.C. You'll want to find out how that happened and switch to one in Washington State, I would guess. However, you should also check to see whether a question sent to Trulia will be viewed by any lawyers or real estate lawyers. Real estate agents won't be legally qualified to provide (But you might ask whether you, personally, could get 1/2 the money back -- under your reasoning, why would you both be absolved and the total amount returned to you?)
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more