Lease a retail space using an agent or not?

Asked by Sunny Socal, Diamond Bar, CA Fri Jun 8, 2012

I am looking to lease a retail space. I know several places that I want. Should I get a real estate agent to represent me as a tenant or should I call the listing agent? If I get an agent, do I need to pay him or does he get a commission from landlord like in a house purchase. Also, is the lease amount usually negotiable or is it fixed like renting am apartment? I'm looking for 700-1000 sf space, $2000/month maximum.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Von Bonilla, Agent, Arcadia, CA
Wed Apr 30, 2014
Hi Sunny Socal,

A real estate agent receives a commission from the management company or owner.

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more