Rentals in Cypress>Question Details

Peaceandpow…, Real Estate Pro in Hurd, ME

Is this a scam for a rental?

Asked by Peaceandpowerparenting, Hurd, ME Wed Nov 7, 2012

Cypress Property ID:198832 Largest house on the block. Only need proof of income. ***(424) 253-9530***
Huge market of available homes. No credit checks. Low Deposits. Speedy move in. You can either lease the home or take over ownership. Don’t miss out on this amazing deal. ***(424) 253-9530*** 6 months / 1 year / 2 years lease terms

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in Cypress

Read my 2 blog postings here on Trulia called "RED FLAGS - RENTAL SCAMS - PUBLIC BEWARE", click on my profile to get to this.

Read this & your chances of NOT getting scammed will increase by 95% in my opinion. These scammers all speak the same way. "Sure you can have 8 dogs at the house, bad credit ok, you can rent for 3yrs, we can't show it to you right now, high call volume, we're out of town, but you can go peek into the windows, just send us a deposit & you can have it". Most of the time, they have very bad grammar skills & English being their second language is obvious.

How's your short sale coming along? Did it get approved yet?

Shoot me an email directly should you want to discuss this further. I don't look back on this same Trula posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
100% short sale success ratio
& I can Prove it
Also they advertise on some internet website like without property address, and they have nothing on MLS at all. Be careful, and I am glad you asked this question.
Yes, It is a SCAM

I called that phone#, and they would not give you any info even the property address until you pay them $44.00 to give online access to the info.
I don't know whether it's a scam or not, most of the really blatant scams start off with "hi my wife and i are missionaries to some foreign country and we need someone to rent our home that will care for it as it were their own...." However, I will say this, I would find it highly suspicious that a landlord would not require credit checks or a reasonable security deposit. And, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably IS. Having said that, I wonder if this ad isn't trying to attract people who want to 'rent to own'. Depending on the terms, that may not be a terrible option. I would, however, proceed with extreme caution going so far as to have an attorney review any paperwork required.