Is this a good time to rent out our home or has the market slowed down? We live in Ashburn and own a 5 bedroom single-family home. Thanks.

Asked by meenar2008, Newbury Park, CA Sat Sep 7, 2013

Answers

4
Beth Seifart, Agent, Leesburg, VA
Sat Sep 14, 2013
You might want to consider putting the property on the market. Inventory is still low and "Home Ownership" is still important. With interest rates still low for buyers you might have a better chance selling vs renting. The few rentals I have done lately have been for short times not long timeframe. I would be happy to run some numbers for you to see what might fit the best for your situation.

I hope this helps!

Beth Seifart
Keller Williams Realty- Leesburg, VA
Kamal Singh, Agent, Reston, VA
Sun Sep 8, 2013
take neighborhood expert advice. as a investor I can suggest small homes around 350k are good to keep as rental properties and larger homes rental return is not that great.
I need the exact address of the property to give you CMA and rental value of your property. my email is on my website http://www.singhteamhomes.com or http://www.vamdnewhomes.com
Flag Mon Sep 9, 2013
Thanks much! what is the rental returns typically in Ashburn for a house of this size?
Flag Sun Sep 8, 2013
Thanks, what is the typical rental returns?
Flag Sun Sep 8, 2013
Sonal Goda, Agent, Chantilly, VA
Sun Sep 8, 2013
The market would be a little slower now than in the spring/summer for a rental. However, you will still be able to find a tenant - it might just take a little longer. This is just the normal seasonal variation in demand for rentals. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if you are curious about selling - it is a good time to sell in September/October.

Sonal
Kay Dillon, Agent, Ashburn, VA
Sat Sep 7, 2013
Inventory is low right now - are you sure you want to rent out your home or would you consider selling it for the right price? With more information about your particular situation, I could give you more detailed advice. Feel free to contact me at any point.

~Kay