Is there any rent to own houses in san pedro?

Asked by Cecilia Rivera, San Pedro, CA Sun Nov 25, 2012

Answers

4
Michael Magaw’s answer
Michael Magaw, Agent, Torrance, CA
Sun Nov 25, 2012
It is difficult to find Lease Option to Purchase deals that benefits both the Tenant/Buyer and the Landlord/Seller. The Tenant typically wants to lock in today's low prices but does not want to pay anything for that right (option). If there is no incentive for the Landlord, then they would be better off just selling now or renting now and wait for the home prices to rise.

You should get pre-approved with a trusted lender. If you are not qualified now, what needs to be done to get you there?

Call me if you want to discuss.
ida Mavar, Agent, rancho palos verdes, CA
Sun Nov 25, 2012
I believe you mean, Lease Option to purchase. Right now in this market, there are no
Lease Options. When interest rates are so great, and low inventory, buyers are looking
to purchase. You should check with your bank, to get pre-qualified, If I can help, please
contact me at: ida.mavar1@gmail.com Love to work with first time buyers!!!
Ida Mavar,
RE/MAX ESTATE PROPERTIES
310-339-2778
Jim Chang, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Hi Cecilia,

Well, on the MLS service that us realtors subscribe to, the answer is no the closest thing would be a Lease Option to Purchase (LOP) or Owner May/WillCarry (OMC/OWC) .

You could find some supposed "rent to own" listing on Craig's List, but be aware most are SCAMs, if they ask for money up front, RUN...

If you want more details about LOP, OMC or OWC, drop me an email.

Best wishes on your new home search,

Jim
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Since rent to own properties may not be listed as such, consider working with an agent of your own. Keep in mind that rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money, therefore do inform yourself well, and consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in real estate beforehand. If you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright...