Is it possible to get out of a residential lease that was signed 4 months ago for a one year agreement?

Asked by Trulia San Francisco, San Francisco, CA Tue Oct 30, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Helen Yuen, Agent, Oakland Ca 94605, CA
Tue Oct 30, 2012
"It sounds like it's the same rental unit you want changed from "month to month" to one year --
just ask your landlord.
1 vote
Lisa Cartola…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Tue Oct 30, 2012

The best thing to do is contact your landlord to discuss if they are willing to terminate the contract early. You may also be able to sub-let as long is it permitted per your lease agreement.

The rental market is pretty aggressive right now so you may find the landlord willing to an early termination. You may want to also offer to help locate a replacement tenant.

Good luck!

Lisa Cartolano
Alain Pinel Realtors
0 votes
James Caldwe…, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Tue Oct 30, 2012
Anything is possible but you are in a binding agreement, please call to discuss. 415.921.0113
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more