Is it possible to find a reasonably priced pet friendly rental in a safe area in Hartford or the surrounding suburbs?

Asked by Jadreamin1012, Brockton, MA Tue Dec 6, 2011

Answers

5
Peter Leeds, Agent, Manchester, CT
Wed Dec 7, 2011
Yes. Stay diligent and persistent, but don't jump at the first opportunity you see.
Cedric McNeil, Agent, Norwalk, CT
Tue Dec 6, 2011
Hello Jadreamin1012,

Absolutely!! What type of pet do you have though..........this can be your only limitation as to how many are available to you as well as the amount of a deposit you will have to provide if any. Small dogs are usually not a problem, it is when you get into the medium to large sized pets and breeds specifically (i.e Rotweilers, Mastiffs and Pitbulls) that can narrow the number of apartments available to you.
Lisa Giller, Agent, Rocky Hill, CT
Tue Dec 6, 2011
Hi...of course it is! Whether in Hartford of the surrounding cities, there are MANY possibilities! All you need to do is focus a bit on what you're looking for (i.e. location, number of bedrooms, your budget). The only limitation I've experienced with other clients is with the type of pet. Rotweilers can be a "hard-sell" for many landlords.

I'd be glad to assist further if youre interested.

Have a great evening,
Lisa

Lisa Giller
Gillette Real Estate
860-221-8971
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Dec 6, 2011
Check with local realty offices for available rentals, or work with an agent; check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc
Jadreamin1012, Home Buyer, Brockton, MA
Wed Dec 7, 2011
I will be sending out resumes in the greater Hartford and SE MA in Feb. I am hoping that I will have interviews in March. I will look around then. I Have not been in the area since 2003.

Once I find a job i'l figure out where I want to live.