Is it better to get renter's insurance or not? I am looking to move into a house soon with my family and I am curious about it.....

Asked by Zari, Thu May 1, 2014

Answers

3
Hank Lauzon’s answer
Hank Lauzon, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sat May 3, 2014

I always recommend renter's insurance.
The insurance that your landlord has will not cover your belongings.
You may be able to get a discount from your existing auto insurance company and create an umbrella plan.

I hope this helps.

Hank Lauzon III
Your Las Vegas Realtor

Signature Real Estate Group
9525 Hillwood Drive #120
Las Vegas, NV 89134

Cell 702-449-0899
Fax 702-799-9598

Web : http://www.HanksLVRealestate.com
Email: HankLVRealestate@aol.com
Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/HanksLasVegasRealEstate

Never look down on anybody...unless you're helping them up.
Jim Olive, Agent, Key West, FL
Thu May 1, 2014
Renter's insurance provides you coverage on your furnishings and personal belongings that homeowners get covered in their homeowner's insurance. If the house you live in burns down, floods, or is swept up in a tornado, you'll get a check to cover your losses. Without the insurance, you get nothing. What are the chances of that happening? Slim...but that is of little consolation to those to whom it HAS happened! If you line up all the folks who have spent money on renter's insurance and never gotten a penny of it back on one side and all those who've made a big claim and gotten their money back, there will be a LOT more people on the downside, but then, that's how insurance works, isn't it! My opinion (for what it's worth)...get a good quote for renter's insurance, and then spend the money to insure yourself. Put your "premium" in an account just to replace your lost belongings. After a few years, if things have gone in your favor, you'll have a good rainy-day reserve...
Carol Gober, Agent, San Angelo, TX
Thu May 1, 2014
If you are renting a house - I would recommend you getting renter's insurance. You might want to call the company you have your car insurance with and see if they offer this type of insurance. Get prices and ask questions to see what is covered.