Im looking for housing in Trumbull, Fairfield, or Bridgeport. I am with another roommate and we are looking for an 8 month term of sublet if possible.

Asked by Ronald Thompson, Bridgeport, CT Tue Apr 9, 2013

We can only do an 8 month term because we are graduate students and our landlord decided to screw us over by selling his house without us knowing. Now we are stuck, unable to sign any 1yr contracts. The reason why we cant sign a 1yr lease is because we are done with classes by mid December. Does anyone know of anything avail? We dont mind house sharing or anything

Answers

3
Mark T. Stern, , Fairfield County, CT
Tue Apr 9, 2013
I can put some feelers out for you. Think outside the box, for a short term rental a house that is or on the verge of foreclosure might be ideal
Estella Magi, Agent, Fairfield, CT
Thu Apr 18, 2013
Hi...How many of you are there and what is your price point per person? Estella 203-257-1117
Jay Cooke, Agent, Greenwich, CT
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Hi Ronald,

Like Mark, I think you need to be creative. Back in the Dark Ages when I went to college, there were guidance centers and "hot spots" around campus. Both had bulletin boards where folks posted notes like: "roommates needed". The college also had a list of local homeowners who would rent rooms to student for cash or work as payment-in-kind. Talk with your friends, local off-campus frats, churches etc. Someone will know of that extra space.
Jay Cooke
Web Reference:  http://www.jaycookehomes.com