Rentals in 32807>Question Details

Spanglass, Renter in 32807

If there is mold on theapartment walls and my sons pederican recommed for him not to stay there. Can I get out out of my lease?

Asked by Spanglass, 32807 Thu Jan 20, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 32807

Help the community by answering this question:


Mold is a very serious issue and can cause serious health concerns. I would speak with your landlord and have him either remedy the situation or ask to be released from the lease. If he were to refuse, I would at this point seek legal counsel.
Web Reference:
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 20, 2011
Contact the local health department and tell them that you have a possible mold issue. I am pretty sure they may respond, being that your apartment may not be the only one effected.

I am pretty sure they may repond just like if there is a complaint against a restaurant.

Keep us posted and what remedy you end up with.

Years ago, while attending school, my neighbor and my wife and I just got up and moved out of an apartment complex because the landlord became a crackhead and gangbangers started moving in. This was a health and safety issue and a landlord has the obligation to provide security to their tenants. I believe this may be at the same level.

If mold spores get into your child's chest, this may become a serious health issue..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 21, 2011
You may want to pay for a Mold Inspection if your landlord refuses to let you out of the lease. That way you will have an unbiased opinion backed up by mold air tests to prove your case if your landlord attempts to file action against you in court after you move out. You can't risk your son's health so you cannot stay if indeed there is a mold issue with your apartment. If you have visible mold on the walls, that's not a good sign.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Jan 21, 2011
I agree with Tony and you want to make sure you document this as well as possible along with pictures and letters to the landlord, verbal will be an uphill battle. If health problems should arise latter, you want to be able to prove it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 20, 2011
You should consult a Real Estate attorney as to renters rights in your area. Have you spoken to your landlord about the problem? What ever transpires, you should protect the health of your family.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 20, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Florida > Orange County > Orlando > 32807 > Rentals in 32807 > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer