If a hospial buys a house that I' am still renting am I entitled to cash to relocate?

Asked by Red, Cincinnati, OH Wed Jun 13, 2012

Answers

3
Carla Muss-J…, , Portland, OR
Sat Jun 16, 2012
I don't think it matters who the new owners are. If a person or other entity purchases property that has a tenant they typically continue with whatever lease or rental agreement that's in place. What difference does it make to you who owns the house you're renting?
Lana Lavenba…, Agent, Grants Pass, OR
Wed Jun 13, 2012
I would say you need to read over your rental contract to see what that says about having to move. There may or may not be compensation noted there. That is the best place to find out.
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Red,
Probably not. IF you have a lease, you are likely entitled to complete the remaining term of the lease. If you are month to month, then you could get notice at any time and be required to vacate in the time allowed by the laws of OH.
Look up the landlord tenant law for Ohio for a complete explanation of your rights and responsibilities as a tenant.