I would like to rent a new condo/apartment in Stamford ct but have less than perfect credit. What can I do?

Asked by Kfbq1292, Stamford, CT Fri Nov 22, 2013

Answers

3
Kim Benedict, Agent, Overland Park, KS
Mon Nov 25, 2013
When dealing with less than perfect credit and looking to rent a new place, the advise I give my clients is to write a brief note to the potential landlord the reason for the credit issues. This way when you submit the application the landlord knows why your credit is not up to par and they can see its not just because you don't care, it shows that there was a issue such as job loss, divorce, illness, natural disaster as Hurricane Sandy or what ever the reasons and you have rectified the issues that held you back and are trying to get back on track.

As long as your credit is getting better and your making the right moves to clear your name they are more willing to work with you, as we have all had our falls on hard times, and they could be more willing to give you a chance.

Hope this helps!

Good luck to you!
Kim
Richard Scha…, Agent, Stamford, CT
Fri Nov 22, 2013

We have 1 and 2 bedroom apartments available in Stamford that the landlords are willing to rent to someone without perfect credit. Give me a call and I can see if we can help you. Some of these apartments are not generally available.

Richard
203-912-8626
Jay Cooke, Agent, Newark, NJ
Fri Nov 22, 2013
I would suggest that you look on either Craig's List or the newspaper where you can deal directly with the owner.

Listings agents working on behalf of their landlord clients are going to want a clean report with a good score. Owners sometimes can be more forgiving. As a last resort, have someone with good credit co-sign with you.

Jay Cooke