I would like to move, but would like to take my roommate too!

Asked by Jennifer Jackson, Charlottesville, VA Thu May 9, 2013

I live in the upstairs of a house that has a full kitchen both upstairs and downstairs. My roomate and I don't share common areas other than the laundry room and driveway. I need at least 2 bedrooms, and he needs at least one. A storage building or garage would be really great. We can afford at least 1700 together, but would love to pay less. The house we live in now doesn't have central air or heat and the electric bill with plug in units is ridiculous. He's very handy and good at fixing things and we are very good tenants, no trouble. If you know of any properties like this, please let me know!

Answers

2
dennis.templ…, , 22936
Fri Jun 28, 2013
Consider a rent-to own with some of the rent deferred for improvements or maintenance. There have been many foreclosures sold in the past several months, and many of these buyers would love to sell there properties. The problem is that banks have gotten very finicky about lenders lately. Rent-to-own might be a great way to get this started.

Maybe you two should get married too, you sound very compatible. ;=)
Gary Geer, Agent, Antioch, IL
Thu May 9, 2013
Jennifer Jackson,
Contact a local agent in your area and expalin what your situation is and what you need in a reantal home. That agent can assist you in finding what you are looling for.

Gary Geer
Results Realty