I would like to know the process of house tour.

Asked by Leeandnam, Matthews, NC Tue Mar 26, 2013

My family is relocating to Charlotte in May and I've found several houses in South Charlotte. I'm wondering how I can take a look at them all while the agents of each properties are different. Please advise.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3113239726-10146-Blakeney-Prese…

Answers

7
Daniel Fisher’s answer
Daniel Fisher, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Mon Apr 1, 2013
Good evening, Leeandnam:
If you are renting, it is not unreasonable to contact the rental property manager or listing agent and ask them to arrange an appointment. If several are close by, you might find one who will show you more than one. If you appreciate an answer, please give thumbs up. For the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
Tracy Clay, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Hello Leeandnam,

First off welcome to Charlotte! You'll love it here!

Basically you have 2 choices on how to handle viewing potential homes. You can find an agent that you'd like to work with and they'd represent you, the buyer. This is called a buyers agent. They are paid by the seller so you don't have to worry about that fee and they are looking out for your best interest. Any information a buyers agent obtains is kept between you and them and no one else. A buyers agent job is to help you find the best home that meets your needs and guide you with pricing.

Or you can gather all the homes you're interested in, and call each listing agent for each property, and have them meet you at each perspective home. Most listing agents would be happy to meet you. However, they are working for the seller, and have the sellers best interest in mind, not yours.

I hope this helps you with your planning.

If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to get in touch with me.

Tracy Clay
Wilkinson & Associates
tracyclayhomes@gmail.com
Abby Nelson, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Welcome to Charlotte. Are you looking to purcahse or rent? The listing agent will be different. You are going to want a buyers agent to represent you. I live near the Blakeney/Ballantyne area and would love to help you. Give me a call or email.

Abby Nelson
704-890-1860
abbynelson@bellsouth.net
John Siddons…, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 26, 2013
You can simply pick one agent who you trust that has the time to work with your schedule during your visit to Charlotte. One agent can show you all of the properties you're interested in, as long as they are listed in the MLS.

Let me know if I can help, and welcome to Charlotte!

John Siddons
john.siddons@prucarolinas.com
Nick Baker, Agent, Winston Salem, NC
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Super easy and convenient process. You can elect to be represented by a buyers agent, coined "buyer agency" and they can schedule and arrange for you to see each individual property with the timing of your visit. Typically in this situation you travel or meet with the buyers agent at each home and the buyer agent provides the tour with the sellers leaving the home for the showing timeframe.

OR

You can contact each listing agent yourself, schedule your times and be shown by the agent representing the seller. Coined "subagent" of the seller".

Happy hunting!
dave, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 26, 2013
Leeandnam,

Your question is actually an easy one to answer....Hire yourself a buyer's agent to represent you in the search for a rental home. The best part of a buyer's agent in North Carolina is that the seller pays the fee for the Realtor to represent you and not you.

Thus you receive the beneift of having a Realtor looking out for your best interest and at the same time it costs you nothing. Please feel free to either e-mail or call me if I can be of any assisitance to you.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Amy Baker, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Mar 26, 2013

Your best option is to hire a buyer's agent to represent you. In almost all cases, especially if the homes are listed in the Multiple Listing Serivice, the seller of the home you decide to purchase will pay the fee to your agent.

That way you have someone working for you that can show you any home you wan to view and they represent only your best interest in negotiations.

I work with lots of buyers in that area and I would be happy to discuss more details with you.

Amy Baker
Allen Tate Realtors
704-258-1459
Amy.Baker@allentate.com