I work in the east village and my husband, Long Island. Where is a good place to live in Brooklyn where I can easily catch the F and he the LIRR?

Asked by Letannor, Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY Fri Aug 5, 2011

Answers

6
Oleg Polonsky’s answer
Oleg Polonsky, Agent, brooklyn, NY
Mon Jul 16, 2012
Good evening, Letannor.

Are you looking to buy or to rent? Both Kensington and Windsor Terrace could work really well for you. With the F train close, you also get access to shopping. Prospect Park is within walking distance as well. In addition to the F train - express buses run to Downtown Brooklyn where your husband can transfer to LIRR. I live in this area and know the listings around here well. I welcome you to call me so we can discuss the specifics if you would like to buy a co-op, a house or a condo.
Lisa Vargas, , Windsor Terrace, Brooklyn, NY
Mon Jul 16, 2012

My office is actually in Windsor Terrace. We have many listings in the area and beyond. Please call me anytime.

Lisa,
917-334-0500
Angela Nelson, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Mon May 14, 2012
The f line Park Slope is close to those trains.
Barbara Pris…, , Brooklyn, NY
Fri Aug 5, 2011
You may be able to use other trains in addition to the "F" If you are in Williamsburg or Greenpoint for example, Start with the "L" towards Manhattan and if you take that to 14th Street and 6th Avenue, you can get the "F". You can also take the "L" directly to the last stop 8th Ave and walk or change trains from there. If Living in Greenpoint, you would get the "G" 2 stops, towards Queens and then pick up the "F" train.

Your husband would have to go into Penn Station for the LIRR. He would take the same trains I described above. He can also transfer to the E and others. Your ride to you location of employment would be about
20 23 minutes. His ride to Penn Station about the same, 25 28 minutes.

You could come into the Williamsburg and Greenpoint area and take the actual ride to your destinations just to see for yourself how long it would take. The time frame I gave you is if you are getting on the L at either Bedford, Lorimer or Graham. These are the 1st 2nd and 3rd stops from and to NYC. If "G" train it would be the Nassau or Greenpoint Ave stop, depending on where you are in Greenpoint.
Jack Menashe, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Fri Aug 5, 2011
I'm in Midwood along the F... Also runs past kensington, prospect park, fort hamilton... Brouse my site for some Midwood exclusives or call / email for Multiple Listing properties...

Jack Menashe
917.797.0215
http://www.SHERestates.com
M, , Brooklyn, NY
Fri Aug 5, 2011
Park Slope, Windor Terrace, Carroll Gardens, Down Town Brooklyn, by the Alantic Avenue Terminal. If you have any more questions feel free to email me directly @ markmayihelpyourent@gmail.com- thanks and good luck with the search!