Rentals in East Hampton>Question Details

haley_fs, Renter in Montauk, NY

I will be working in the east hamptons for four months, I do have a dog and want to know if people sublett?

Asked by haley_fs, Montauk, NY Tue Sep 24, 2013

Answers

3
During the off season, from now until the middle of May, you can get your own room with a shared bath for $700/month or less. From the middle of May until early September, it will cost substantially more.

Check out Craigslist, Dan's Papers, the Independent, and the East Hampton Star. There are many rooms available; and plenty of houses are dog-friendly. There is a great 40 acre dog park off Three Mile Harbor Hog Creek Highway in the Springs section of East Hampton.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 25, 2013
The area in question, the rents are much much higher than what you have available. Would you consider other areas nearby? Because you will have a very hard time finding anything, let alone a room for $1,000 a month in this particular area
yes, other areas is an option...especially if it's cheaper
Flag Wed Sep 25, 2013
You will always be able to find something. The price depends on how the four month period falls. If it finishes before the middle of May, you will get a very attractive rate. If it begins in the middle of May, you will pay twice as much.
It would be at the beginning of the year...my price point is very limited, will that be a problem? I can only afford around $1000 a month.
Flag Tue Sep 24, 2013