I will be renovating a home in Sun City. What do potential buyers/renters look for in kitchen cabinets, flooring, countertops?

Asked by Lblis, Sun City, AZ Fri Feb 22, 2013

Answers

5
Jeffrey Masi…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Feb 24, 2013
The most popular

Floors: wood, laminate with upgraded baseboards
Counters: Granite
Cabinets: Neutral colors but closed face not glass

Stainless appliances still the favorite.

Jeffrey Masich, Realtor, GRI, MBA
HomeSmart Realty
Arizona Homes and Land for Sale or Purchase
http://JeffMasich.com
JeffMasich@ArizonaHomesLand.com
480-556-0940
doe464, Renter, Sun City, AZ
Sun Dec 15, 2013
What is needed in Sun City is the ability to age in place. Hard floors (no carpet), wide doorways (at least 32 inches, but 36 is better), a roll-in shower. Trust me, you will never have a shortage of renters if you build an accessible home. When it is time to sell, you will have people waiting in line to buy it.
Derek Ostrov…, Agent, Sun City, AZ
Fri Apr 5, 2013
Easy maintenance and durability is the key. Granite countertop is best, Corian is nice. Depending on how extensive the kitchen remodel is, including taller upper cabinets will make a big difference. Refacing the cabinets and installing new doors will make a good difference for a lot less money than replacement. As far as flooring is concerned I would definitely go with tile, 18" or better. Try choosing from a neutral color pallet... I retired from construction and remodeling few years back and I have done flips and have been a landlord. For a quick sale at a profit you need to think more of how the buyer views the home. When you are thinking of renting it out think of durability and your expenses when turning the property.

Derek Ostrovski
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
602-309-2344
regihodges, Renter, Sun City, AZ
Wed Apr 3, 2013
Granite is wonderful for countertops,but not necessary. I like tiled floors in kitchen. Spacious cabinets is a must.
Jennie Miller…, Agent, Phoenix, AZ
Fri Feb 22, 2013
Buyers and renters like wood cabinets in a neutral to dark color with granite countertops. Tile flooring is always desirable as well. Where is your home located in Sun City? I work with many sellers and landlords and would be happy to help you. I have extensive recommendations from my clients on my Trulia..com profile. that you can see by clicking on my photo to the right of my answer here. Thanks for the opportunity to work with you and I hope to hear from you soon!