I will be moving to Denver in about 4 months. Looking for a home to rent. what is the best area?

Asked by marquetubbs, Aurora, CO Tue Nov 6, 2012

Answers

4
Lahai Sogban…, Other Pro, Aurora, CO
Wed Dec 5, 2012
Hello Marquetubbs,

Great job on asking questions early and getting things lined up! I can understand your situation, as I am retired military myself and PCS'd several times during my career. Having a school-aged daughter, you may want to focus on the Cherry Creek School District. The Cherry Creek School District is one of the best in the entire state, and also happens to be close to Buckley Air Force Base (best of both worlds!).

I work for Stars & Stripes Homes, and we are located directly across the street from Buckley. While not limited to military clients, many of the active duty, retired and civilian personnel seek our assistance to buy, sell and/or rent homes.

You may find out more about us at http://www.starsandstripeshomes.us.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at 303-326-0550, ext 108. I've been a military sponsor as well, and I'll be happy to assist you with your relocation in any way I can.
Bret Weinste…, Agent, Denver, CO
Wed Nov 28, 2012
Have you had a chance to check out Green Valley Ranch?
Bret, would YOU buy a home in GVR? I wouldn't simply because of the area.
Flag Mon Dec 24, 2012
marquetubbs, Renter, Aurora, CO
Tue Nov 6, 2012
I have really been considering purchasing a home in Denver, I am in the military and will be stationed there for 4 years. Also I am a single father with a 9 year old daughter who will be living with me. So i was really looking for a 3 bed 2 bath 2 car garage home around 160k-180k.
Marquetubbs,
You sound like a good candidate for a home purchase. Call me. You could get a VA loan with basically no money down. In 4 years you should gain some decent equity in the right community in Denver. I have lenders you can speak to and determine what you qualify for and what the monthly payments would be. Probably less than what you could rent for. Let me know. My best lender is Joe Massey - 303-809-7769. Give him a call and let him know I sent you.
Flag Tue Nov 6, 2012
Robert McGui…, Agent, Denver, CO
Tue Nov 6, 2012
Marquetubbs,

Welcome to Denver. I am sure you will love it here once you get established in our community. Where you live and what you consider to be the best for you is subjective. If you need to be close to downtown for work or other reasons, Park Hill 80207, Highlands 80211, and several other communities will work. Aurora tends to be a little more reasonable to rent. A lot depend on what your lifestyle dictates. If you would like to be closer to the mountains, Lakewood - 80214, 80215 would be a better choice.

You have 4 months to look and you will probably need most of that time to find the right place that is available and right for you. The Denver rental market is very strong right now and there are few homes available and rents are going up. If it is all possible it is usually better to purchase than to rent. I wrote an article about this recently - http://j.mp/RWrZi3 .

Robert McGuire ASR
Realtor/Consultant
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct - 303-669-1246
http://about.me/robertmcguire33