I was provided incorrect information by the leasing office that apartment is 1200 sqfeet but it is less then 800 sq feet can I get out of my lease ?

Asked by Mampu, 10075 Sat Aug 28, 2010

I signed the lease based upon the information provided but when I moved I realized that apartment is smaller. Can I get out of this lease without loosing my deposit as floor map and leasing person gave me incorrect information.

Answers

2
Michael Druc…, Agent, New York, NY
Sat Dec 8, 2012
Square footage is a tricky area as landlords measure it in different ways. I suggest you have the management measure the floor and explain where the missing 400 feet are. If you need an experienced attorney to assist you, I recommend: Michael Moshan 212-254-1444.
Jules Borbely, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Nov 22, 2012
It depends on what you have in writing. You need to read your lease carefully to see what you agreed on. You can't just claim false promises, you need to prove it as well.