I want to house sit and willing to enter a non traditional occupant agreement from 1 mo until .

Asked by Ken Kirkland, San Jose, CA Mon Oct 3, 2011

Answers

3
Don Tepper, Agent, Burke, VA
Tue Oct 4, 2011
That's a viable idea. In fact, a friend of my son's is doing that right now. He house-sits vacant mansions that are for sale in Florida. I'm not sure whether he does it for free or whether he gets paid for it; I think he gets paid a small amount.

The requirement, of course, is that he keep the house in spotless condition at all times. And he does, so it works out great for him, great for the Realtors, and great for the sellers.

Tip: Don't think of yourself as a renter looking for free rent. Think of yourself--present yourself--as an entrepreneur offering a low-cost (or no-cost) service that will benefit the Realtor and the seller.

Contact Realtors who handle upscale properties in your area and work something out.

Norman Aless…, Agent, San Jose, CA
Tue Oct 4, 2011
Wrong forum? It looks like you need to be in the Rental section.
Allyson
Michael Cheng, Agent, San Jose, CA
Mon Oct 3, 2011
Ken,

Are you seeking advice or soliciting an offer?
Web Reference:  http://www.archershomes.com