I saw the listing of the 618 w jackson avenue and would like more information on it. i would really appreciated if u can contact me at (203) 572-8274.

Asked by Amy Rodriguez, Tue Sep 24, 2013

Answers

2
Lori Flick, Agent, Trumbull, CT
Fri Oct 18, 2013
This home is not listed for rent in the MLS. It was listed for sale, until July 19, 2013. Always beware of handing over money, especially if asked for in cash. There are plenty of scams out there with homes not really for rent or sale but homeowners (or scam artists hijack legitimate sales/rentals) will advertise and take the money for. Be especially careful if they want you to send the money out of state.
Do you know it doesn't cost the renter to use a Realtor? The landlord pays the fee when the listing is listed on the MLS. Typically, my experience has shown me, that homes listed on the MLS for rent are in better condition with landlords who are serious about their investment. It's a little more of a process to rent this way but you are better protected from scams. You will have to fill out a rental application, credit check, landlord should do a reference check, and then you meet the landlord and if all is in good shape, you get the rent. It's a safer process. Money gets turned over at lease signing and at least one Realtor is involved, usually two. The agent who lists the rental should make sure that the person really owns the home so you are so much less likely to be scammed.
Blanca Flores, Renter, Bridgeport, CT
Wed Sep 25, 2013
I believe this might be a scam. I inquired about the same house and I received an email from a person stating they are the homeowner however they were unavailable to do a walk through with me. Also asked that I ignore the sign in front of the house. Proceed with caution !