I plan on moving the last week of december, when should I start applying for places?

Asked by Kassaundra Parrish, Portland, OR Sun Nov 25, 2012

Answers

6
Terri Hollins, Other Pro, Portland, OR
Thu Dec 6, 2012
You should start looking right away.
Michael Urla…, Agent, Del Mar, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Kassy,

Like the others have said I would suggest to start looking now. Most Landlords will have a better idea of the inventory they will have available at the end of December by the first week of December This is due to tenants giving their 30 day notice. I would recommend checking a few different places for rent like craigslist, local property management companies, or drive by the area that you are interested in an see if there are for rent signs. Craigslist is an excellent source but unfortuanately has a lot of scammers on there as well. Never put down money on a property without seeing it first. Just as these Landlords will be qualifying you for a new property make sure that you qualify your new landlord. Having a good Landlord can make your rental process much smoother.

Good luck on your move!
Anita Desilva, , Portland, OR
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Hello Kassy,

If you are currently renting, you might want to check your Rental Agreement to see if you need to give proper time notice to your current Landlord/Landlady.

If you are looking to move to another rental property, it is always best to apply early and indicate on your application when you are ready to move in.

Best wishes,
Anita Desilva, GRI
Realty Solutions, LLC
503-259-2546
Shea McGrath, Other Pro, Portland, OR
Mon Nov 26, 2012
The sooner the better. With a tight market and the holidays coming up you should be looking immediately. Check out http://www.carefreeinc.com and let us know if there is something that fits your needs.
Marvin Von R…, Agent, Tigard, OR
Sun Nov 25, 2012
Last month! Its a bit hard at this time of year as there is usually a rush to be in before the holidays. You didnt tell us where, what type of housing, price range, etc but in general dont delay--look today.
The townhouse that I really like is still available but the lady told me that she cant let me apply any earlier that 15 days before i want to move, I am looking for a two bedroom townhouse with washer and dryer 800 or less a month in the se portland area.
Flag Sun Nov 25, 2012
Tom Inglesby, Agent, Portland, OR
Sun Nov 25, 2012
You should start looking now. The rental market is tight. I have a house I just put up for rent about 2 miles from multnomah. Email me tinglesby@remax.net. tom inglesby broker remax