I need to rent a place in Newton but don't know the better areas to focus on; any leads please?

Asked by Aiemmanuel, Newton, MA Sat Jun 2, 2012

Answers

10
Mitra Farzani, , Newton Center, MA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
Newton is a beautiful city with 13 villages, which makes this city feel more like suburb without the sleepiness of the suburb. We have noticed many people who rent in Newton, would like to be in close proximity to train station, in which case, Newton Centre, Waban, and Newton Highland, to name a few, would be a great choice. The houses for rent in Newton are rented quickly, so my suggestion would be to contact a local real estate office to get an inside information. Choose your area depending on your needs, closeness to train station to travel to Boston, schools, closeness to shopping or highway, etc.
I am glad that you decided to be in Newton as it is a wonderful place to live. Good luck with your search!
Ed Lyon, Agent, Newton, MA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
Newton is really more diverse than one would think, ranging from the close quarters of 'The Lake' neighborhood of Nonantum to the lofty heights of Chestnut Hill and West Newton Hill. I've been helping people find rentals since 1983 and have yet to find an easy answer to this question. One great thing about Newton is that since it has been developed as a series of small centers along crossroads, it is very easy to live within walking distance of one of these Newton Villages. Thus, most of Newton is not a bedroom community, but an active city with a small town character and pride. If you need the green line, focus on Newton Centre, Newton Highlands, Waban, Auburndale and Chestnut Hill. Commuter rail or express bus is along Newton Corner, Newtonville and West Newton/Auburndale. Great schools are everywhere. Most rentals are along the corridor of the Mass Pike, the norther neighborhoods, and parts of Rt 9 (Upper Falls). Many apartments are in two family homes as opposed to buildings, with more green space and neighborhood feel than a large apartment building. My suggestion: grab a large Dunkin' and spend the morning zig zagging through the streets and stop in the villages and walk around a while. When it feels right, you'll know.
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Fri Aug 24, 2012
You can't go wrong anywhere in Newton. More will depend on what your looking to rent a house or apartment and how much you plan on spending and your life style.
Rick Flynn, Agent, Boston, MA
Thu Aug 23, 2012
It depends on what is most important to you. Schools, public transportation, access to major highways etc. One area I would focus on is Chestnut Hill.
Rick Flynn, Agent, Boston, MA
Thu Aug 23, 2012
Territory.c…, Agent, MA,
Mon Jul 23, 2012
You can't really go wrong in newton! Trends we have noticed: Newton Corner, Newton Center and Chestnut Hill.
Web Reference:  http://territory.com
Aderonke Lip…, , Needham, MA
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Newton is one of those places where there is no area that is really better than the other. When searching for an apartment in Newton, focus on the basics: price, the size proximity to public transportation, or the availability of parking an issue., etc Good luck in your housing search.
Louis Wolfs…, Agent, Needham, MA
Sun Jul 8, 2012
What is your rent range and your needs as to bed rooms, baths, size etc.
Erez Levanon, Agent, Newton, MA
Mon Jun 4, 2012
Aiemmanuael,
I would suggest to focus on Schools district if you need schools. Newton have different zones for schools. You can find a map on Google. Focus on your price rang . Newton have diffident prices for different areas. Also focus on distance to the highway of your commute, such as Rt-9, or Mass pike-90.
Andrea Cutler, Agent, Newton, MA
Sun Jun 3, 2012
All areas of Newton are excellent. The most upscale part of Newton would be Chestnut Hill or Waban. If you want to be close to public transportation, I would go with Newton Center. All depends on what you are looking for. Centre Realty in Newton Center has a lot of great rental listing, as they focus mostly on Newton. I have lived in Newton( Chestnut Hill) for about 10 years and loved it. Great restaurants, mall, markets, gyms( Equinox and L.A. sports club are scheduled to open in January 2013). If you wish, I can email you some listing. Please do not hesitate to contact me by phone or email at Andrea.cutler@centrealtygroup.com or 6173720877.