I need a 6 month lease, are there any places that offer those?

Asked by Rachel, Evanston, IL Tue Jun 18, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3113681853-Apartment-Chicago-IL-60626

Answers

12
Jason Kaczma…, Agent, Brookline, MA
Mon Jun 24, 2013
Rachel,
If your in a bit of a crunch try looking in the roommates section of craig's list. Often times you'll be able to find someone in need a of roommate for a sublet situation. Also, your most likely will only have to furnish your bedroom. Make sure you get everything in writing and have the landlords consent!
Mark Malave, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Mar 27, 2014
If you are willing to pay a slight premium, I think I know a place that is available. What is your price range?
Matt Hoyt, Agent, Highland Park, IL
Wed Nov 27, 2013
I have one available starting January 1st in Lakeview near Belmont and Paulina. Its 1850 per month w parking included. Walk to brown line el. Interested? contact me to discuss
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Rachel,

They are possible to find. Most landlords are reluctant to have leases end in December.
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Nov 26, 2013
Yes , 6 months no problems , month to month
Mark Malave, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 18, 2013
The traditional lease term is 12 months. However, it is possible to get a landlord to agree to a shorter lease. If you rent a condo, make sure the association allows short term rentals.
Jackie Beard…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Be very careful when looking on sites such as Craigslist. Contact some of your local apartment complexes and see if they allow for a six month lease.
Pedro Velez, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Try looking in your community newspaper in the rental ad sections.
Cindy Wilson, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Try the sublease section of Craig's List. Most of the listings that agents find in the MLS are for condos that can't be rented for less than a year. But as others have said, you may be paying a premium for a shorter lease, unless you're subletting. DO NOT send money to anyone who is advertising a cheap apartment on Trulia or anywhere else. There are a LOT of scams out there, so be careful. Good luck.
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Try looking at craigslist. This is the best place for these.
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Not likely in the MLS. Try craigs list or other sites
Neal Gallagh…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Tue Jun 18, 2013
Yes you may want to try a management company. They offer 6 month leases sometimes but charge a premium i.e. slightly higher rent than normal.