I make $3400/mo and my fiancée makes about $800/mo, my credit score is 500 have a lot of late payments on my car but no repo, can anyone help

Asked by Unspecified, Long Beach, CA Sat Sep 21, 2013

Answers

9
Brian Nguyen, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Mission Viejo, CA
Wed Feb 19, 2014
If you are thinking about purchasing your credit score is pretty low and would need to get it up about 80 points so you can have a better chance at getting a loan. Lenders like myself have been able to give out loans with credit scores as low as 580, so if you can get your score up to 580 you'll have a better shot. Either way, I recommend speaking with a lender like myself if you plan on purchasing. Well I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Good Luck! Brian Nguyen Sr. Mortgage Banker NMLS # 659743 Phone: 949.667.2887 brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
SP Marshall, Other Pro, Dallas, TX
Wed Dec 4, 2013
Hello....I work for a legal consumer firm that helps to resolve those type of credit issues. Please give me a call to see if I may be able to help...that is if your actually looking to get the situation rectified.

Sergio Marshall
972-231-0452 ext 109 http://www.whitejacobs.com
Kevin and Ju…, Agent, Wildomar, CA
Mon Dec 2, 2013
Possibly... Visit with a reputable mortgage lender to determine your specific qualification. Good luck!
Randall Yates, Other Pro, Dallas, TX
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Possibly I would have to make a couple calls to my mortgage brokers is you have a large down payment I know a lender that can go down to a 500 score. We specialize in referring people to lenders that offer loan products that may be able to help. Email me or go to our site.
Roland Corral, Agent, RANCHO CUCAMONGA, CA
Sun Sep 29, 2013
You need 580 for FHA but there are other ways as well. by the way, I have a listing that the owner is willing to help with financing. :) Anyhow, It's not that hard to get your credit up within a couple of months. Call me when you have a moment. The techniques are very simple but most people don't know them. You'll be surprised when I tell you. You can click on my photo and get my contact info as well as profile.
Marlena Bald…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Mon Sep 23, 2013
I like a lot of the info on bankrate.com
I found a link that might help you: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/debt/build-better-credit.aspx
If you're looking to purchase a home in the near future, other alternative financing might work with your situation like private lending through a family member you take a personal loan from and pay back on an amortized schedule with a lower rate than what a lender might charge, or seller financing. Keep working on boosting your credit score and don't get discouraged along the way!
Robert Chome…, , San Diego, CA
Sat Sep 21, 2013
How much do you have for a down payment? We can do a FHA loan with as low as a 560 credit score. Also, I would be happy to go though your credit report with you in detail you and counsel you on some quick ways to boost your score. There are often many things that can be done to quickly boost a credit score.
Jose Ixmay, Agent, Chino Hills, CA
Sat Sep 21, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Are you looking to rent or purchase?

In regards to a purchase, you have some work to do. Contact a lender or give me a call for a referral to lenders whom I have worked with in the past. You want to know where your at and start moving forward knowing what has to be done. Lenders for the most part don't want to see any late payments in the past 12 months and will usually require an explanation in writing as to why items were paid late in the past 2-3 years.
There are some lenders that can go as low as 580 fico but there are strict guidelines as to how much assistance you can receive. A 640 is more of the standard (using term loosely).

As for rentals, every landlord is different. I'd suggest drafting a letter telling the prospective landlord about you, job, time on job, reason for relocating, reason for delinquencies and how you corrected the problem, etc.

Give me a call if I can be of any further assistance.
Aaron Sims, , Birmingham, AL
Sat Sep 21, 2013
If you are looking to purchase, you have some hard work before you and it will take some time. You will need to raise your credit score significantly. I would recomend finding a lender that can tell you what you need to do in order to repair and raise your credit scores. LAte payments will hurt you, I'm not sure how long they stay on your report, but every time you have a new one, you are probably extending the amount of time until you will be able to get a mortgage.
Find a lender willing to work with you, tell you what you can do to raise your score and what you need to take care of.

Best of luck!

Aaron Sims