Rentals in Long Beach>Question Details

Niko, Renter in Long Beach, CA

I'm tired of finding false listings. Looking for help from real property managers!

Asked by Niko, Long Beach, CA Mon Jul 22, 2013

I'm looking for a 3Br/2Ba, preferable single-family home in or near Lakewood. I have only two requirements. It must have a private, secure garage (1-car is enough). It must also be dog friendly. I have small welsh corgi, roughly 20-25 lbs. He's very friendly and doesn't bark or chew. He's also fully trained and completely house broken. I'd like to have all appliances included, but it's not a deal breaker.

I will have at least one other roommate, possibly a third. Total budget is $1600. Move-in date is August 1.

Thanks so much for your help!
Niko

Answers

6
Hello Niko,

The internet can be a great source of info. It can also be a great place for scammers to find people to cheat.

You should contact a property management company. With them you pay a one time fee for your credit/background check, and you will have the chance to apply for any of their vacant homes.

You have a clear idea of what you are looking for in a home. I will warn having a pet could be a problem. Many homeowners will not want pets even a small well trained one.

Best of luck to you!!1

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
Looks like my comment was deleted... Just wanted to say watch out for scammers, meet them in person and make sure they are legit owners or agents.
Read my 2 blog postings here on Trulia called "RED FLAGS - RENTAL SCAMS - PUBLIC BEWARE", it's basically me having a conversation with a scammer, as I'm pretending to be a would be tenant. This way you could contact postings that interest you & the second you hear a response like on my postings, just RUN away!

I'm sorry it's like this but most owners don't place their homes for rent with property managers or Realtors & they don't end up in the MLS system or more Realtors would be willing to help renters.

I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answer posted after mine.

Emily S. Knell
EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
You are on the low side at $1600, you will probably have to pay closer or above $2000.

Kirk Mulhearn, IPM property management, 562 965 0054
It's okay -- I can take snide, haha...

I have been calling around. I actually spent all day Sunday cruising around the area looking for lease/rent signs. I only ask here to help cover all my bases. You never know who's watching!

Have a good one, Cindy. :)
Not intending to sound snide, why not call property management companies in your area? That way you don't have to deal with the nonsense of the InternetQ