I'm renting a home in Las Vegas and i cant get the management to repair the pool. they keep saying " we're working on it". its been a month already.

Asked by luckyrodgers, Las Vegas, NV Thu Aug 1, 2013

I've called and emailed them. I've also taken pictures these last 2 weeks. The month before i had paid for the pool service and didnt get reimbursed.

Answers

8
kristynmartin, , 10001
Mon Nov 11, 2013
Hey Lucky Rodgers -
I'm doing a story on management companies for a prime time business show. I'd love to hear more about your ordeal. Please email me if you're interested in chatting.
Kristyn
kristynmartin@gmail.com
Jeffery Sklar, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sun Aug 25, 2013
The law Cheryl was referring to is NRS 118A.260.

Jeffrey Sklar
Broker/Owner/Realtor
Desert Valley Realty
10161 Park Run Drive #150
Las Vegas, NV 89145
702-408-6470 mobile
702-763-SELL (7355) office
888-203-2779 fax
Jeff@DesertValleyRealtyLV.com
Be sure to tune into 720AM every Saturday at 6pm to hear me host "The Real Estate Show!"
Cheryl Lockh…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Aug 8, 2013
Do not try taking them to small claims court. they will win and you will be out more money. By law you are entitled to have some means to contact the owner. Look at your rental agreement to see if the owner address is there. If not request it from the management company. Or look up the property on the tax assessors page for the owner info. (Myself or another Realtor can help you with that)
You probably won't get back the money you spent but maybe if you work with them they can give you credit on your rent. Also, it may be its not the management company but the owner is balking at doing the repairs. Property managers only keep a small reserve, usually between 300 to 600 for each property. And, as someone else said, if there is no health hazard they can take their sweet time. If pool service is not one of the things you are required to pay then don't. I would be curious as to what is wrong with the pool? I am a property manager myself and sometimes we are caught between owners and tenants. And sometimes its just bad management.

Cheryl Lockhart
Broker/owner
Lockhart & Associates
Becky Zisk, Agent, Henderson, NV
Fri Aug 2, 2013
I would go over the property management's head and call the owner of the home directly. If for some reason you do NOT have his phone number, then write a very strong letter to the management comnpany telling them you are putting them on notice and they have one week to do the repairs or you will see them in small claims court for your out of pocket money and suffering. See if that doesn't get them off their behinds!!! Good luck!! Becky
luckyrodgers, Both Buyer And Seller, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Aug 1, 2013
How can i get them to repair the pool? How do i get reimbursed for money i spent?
Myra Gouger, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Aug 1, 2013
What is your question?? You have 2 statements over here.
dawn lane, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Aug 1, 2013
First of all , unless you have something in writing that they agreed to reimburse you , then you have no recourse . It is unfortunate . Unless their is a health risk or you have no running water or heat or ac they don't have to fix things on your time schedule . Sorry but that's the truth .
dawn lane, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Aug 1, 2013