I'm looking for 1br for me and my toddler son and cannot find anyone in the areas where I am looking willing to rent to a person with a child.

Asked by Tara James, Westwood, MI Thu Sep 5, 2013

I just got off the phone with another person who said she won't rent to someone with a toddler, she was one of many--without knowing any other details about me. I do have a preference for North Yonkers east or west (or even better, other rivertowns), I've given up trying to find something around Sarah Lawrence where I work. Is it really that impossible?
And also, isn't it illegal to discriminate like that?

Answers

3
Samantha Apu…, Agent, Scarsdale, NY
Mon Oct 21, 2013
Hi Tara

Im sorry youve been having some trouble

Pls give me a call or shoot me a text message - with the price range you are looking / when you are looking to move by and an email address

I will gladly send you some listings. Unfortunately when it comes to private houses they do have the option to choice their preference on whom they want to rent too. Maybe you are calling 2nd floor apartments and the owner lives underneath?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Samantha
David Castro, Agent, Yonkers, NY
Thu Sep 5, 2013
I'm sorry. No one can help you. Please call me I make everything happen for your need. Have a nice 1br $900 near downtown waterfront Yonkers of Getty Square. Thank you.
David Castro Agent Grand Lux Realty
(914)433-2353
Jennifer Zuc…, Agent, White Plains, NY
Thu Sep 5, 2013
Good morning Tara

I'm sorry for your struggle. Please give me a call lets chat about your needs and I will try my best to be of assistance.

Jennifer Zucco
Charles Rutenberg Realty
(914)562-7575