I'm looking for a small studio or 1 bedroom that accepts cats near Midway Airport...Why are there NO listings for this area?

Asked by melissamouse45, Chicago, IL Wed Sep 19, 2012

Quiet couple looking for a small apartment for us and our 2 indoor cats. The problem is that no one or no website caters to the southwest side of Chicago!! It's northside or nothin! Unless of course it's waaay south, past Englewood, that is!

Answers

5
Tim Zielonka’s answer
Tim Zielonka, , Chicago, IL
Thu Sep 20, 2012
For lower priced rentals, your find more luck driving around the neighborhood and looking for "for rent" signs. You'll be surprised how many good deals you find that way. Another great resource is Craigslist, Chicaoreader.com, or the local newspaper. Most stuff on the MLS starts in the $850+ range. Good luck with your new home search.
You can also try to offer the landlord a pet deposit (normally around $50 or so) depending on the breed and/or size of the pet.
Flag Thu Sep 20, 2012
Bill J Delig…, Agent, Naperville, IL
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Work with a Realtor to help you find some properties that you cannot find on your own.
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Studios are always hard to find in that area. Each day the market changes so just keep looking although may landlords do not want pets.
Jorge Vega, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Hello Melissa,

My office specializes in the Midway are. Why don't you give us a call, 773-627-7608.
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed Sep 19, 2012
I see a bunch of them. Drive past the apartment buildings. There are signs everywhere. I saw a few signs over there by the Charter Fitness.
thanks! I actually took ur advice and found a bunch of apartments for rent by driving through the neighborhood! Thanks a million times over!
Flag Thu Sep 20, 2012