I hold a real estate property management (REPM) certification through the National Association of Realtors, and it is not a matter of finding management to handle your property. Interview all of these companies that have been suggested to you. I have two that I use for my customers if you are interested in interviewing them.
Many rental management services just place a tenant (but it is your problem if the appliances end up on CraigsList, along with all the cabinets, pool equipment, etc.). Not to mention your home could be subject to illegal activity.
The companies I use take tenant screening extremely seriously by working with the nationâ€™s largest resident screening company to help lower landlord delinquency rates. They search the industryâ€™s largest database of landlord-tenant court records from over 2200 courthouses looking for evictions, unlawful detainer, failure to pay rent, and property damage. Also, full credit checks, multi-state criminal and sex offender searches are done on every applicant. ~ all of this is very important!
If you need help, I can refer you to two very reputable companies to interview and learn about the process. Interview all of them mentioned and have each company send you a copy by e-mail of their management services. Get references and interview.
Therese A Clapp, RealtorÂ®
GRI, SFR, AHWD, REPM
Century 21 Sunbelt Realty, Inc.
725 Cape Coral Pkwy W
Cape Coral, FL 33914
- 2012 REALTORÂ® Leadership Academy
- 2011 Platinum Five Star REALTORÂ® Education Award
- Community of REALTORÂ® Excellence
- Real Estate Buyers Agent Council
- Graduate Realtor Institute ~ Designation
- Short Sale Foreclosure Resource ~ Certification
- At Home With Diversity ~ Certification
- Real Estate Property Management ~ Certification
- University Educated ~ BSBA, MSA, MBA