I'm in the process of moving to San Diego and looking for a nice place to rent, La Jolla, UTC area. 2 bed, 2 bath, 2 parking spots, less than

Asked by Alicia Gonzales, San Diego, CA Mon Nov 26, 2012

$2,000. I'm in the process of moving to San Diego and looking for a nice place La Jolla, UTC area. 2 bed, 2 bath, 2 parking spots, less than $2,000/month, preferably between 1,600-1,800/mo. Advice?

Answers

6
Royce Kemp, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
Congratulations and welcome to San Diego! There's an abundant selection of housing that will fit your needs in the UTC area. To find a nice condo, I'd start monitoring Craigslist (sandiego.craigslist.org), even professionally managed condos advertise on CL. The other option is to go with an apartment complex like Nobel Court, Archstone or Costa Verde. With condos you'll have a better opportunity to find something with a little nicer interior amenities, like granite counter-tops or stainless steel appliances. With apartment complexes you might have a better response time if there's a maintenance issue. Being winter-time you'll have a little more negotiating power then summer-time, when the bulk of the UCSD community is coming/going, so feel free to be a little more firm in your demands.

If you have any specific questions feel free to contact me directly, I've lived in the area since 2005 and own a few rentals in that area, so I'm very attune to that local market!

Royce Kemp
Premiere Properties
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Nov 27, 2012
By the way, I grew up in New Jersey! Best of luck on your move.

Mark Shea
Shea Real Estate
mark.kari@shea-realestate.com
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Kari Shea, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Nov 27, 2012

When looking for rentals, your best bet is Craigslist. 85% to 95% of all rentals leased in San Diego County are fulfilled using Craigslist. It is used by owners, property management companies and agents.

The easiest way to search is put a zip code in the search box and then enter the rest of your parameters. Check often and call right away as most rentals move quickly!

Lastly, beware of rental scam listings. Make sure you talk to the person managing the property and meet them to see it. Get an application to fill out and read over the lease agreement.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
mark.kari@shea-realestate.com
National Association of Realtors
CA DRE License 01713506
Hector Gaste…, Agent, Coronado, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
hi,
Welcome to San Diego. I did a search of properties in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). Beware of fraudulent transactions on Craig's List. I found 3 properties that meet your criteria. Please send me an email so I can send you the properties, and also the application.

I would love to help you. I helped a client move from New Jersey to San Diego a couple of months ago, and he told me it was painless and wish he could have hired a REALTOR for his previous moves.

Hector R. Gastelum
Realty Executives Dillon
REALTOR #01382940
hectorgastelum@yahoo.com
619-954-2225
125*142*10754
efax 619-270-2516
Sonya Stauff…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
When you are ready to buy a home keep my information!
Sonya Stauff…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Mon Nov 26, 2012
It's my opinion Craigslist has the most extensive list of rentals available. Just be careful of the scams