I'm desperate! Single mom,(1 10 yr old daughter), 1 cat, GReat rental history, Bad credit, no job, savings.What do I do?

Asked by Gretchen, Highland Park, CA Mon Feb 20, 2012

Had knee surgery, will go back to work as soon as I get settled. Lived in my place 12 yrs. City orders to demolish. Got full relocation.No eviction. I'm great tenant, great references. Can't get
past credit ck.

Answers

3
Emily Knell, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Mon Feb 20, 2012
Please try to work with a reputable property management company to find a rental for you or call a Realtor who can look in the MLS for you for rentals or who lives near the area you want to rent in. Whichever route you take, please also click on my profile here on Trulia & read my 2 blog posts called "RENTAL SCAMS - RED FLAGS - PUBLIC BEWARE" so you don't get scammed. There are many many many rental scammers out there.

My blog postings will help to keep you safe.

I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtors

P.S. don't sound so desperate when talking to your new potential landlord, write a Cover letter about yourself & how you'd be a GREAT & RELIABLE tenant, but that you have dings on your credit that you can explain as to why your FICO score is so low.
Jonathon Vil…, Agent, Norwalk, CA
Tue Feb 21, 2012
If you are trying to buy a home which I HIGHLY recommend you do since the price to rent is higher than to own; it is relatively easy to qualify. There are programs available that let you purchase a home with as little as $1,000 down and others that you can qualify with a 500 FICO(credit score).

Here is some more information about these types of programs: http://excellenceduo.com/2011/california-homebuyer-down-paym…

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Jonathon Villaescusa
Operating Principal/Realtor
Excellence Real Estate
Web Reference:  http://ExcellenceDuo.com
Sue Wylie, Agent, South Burlington, VT
Mon Feb 20, 2012
If you have job promise of work or sufficient savings to cover a lease - most owners want a one year, then some will forgive the poor credit. NO credit no job is a problem for most. Have you tried going to social services for help?