Rentals in Miami>Question Details

Mel, Home Buyer in New York, NY

I'm currently looking to relocate to Miami and have a budget of about $1000 a month for a rental preferably a 1 bedroom.

Asked by Mel, New York, NY Thu May 2, 2013

Do landlords require first, last and a security deposit like they do here in New York? Please advise on the best way to go about the apartment search.

Thank you.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Miami

The rental requirements have tighten up a bit in the past year. First, last and security deposit, credit check, criminal background check, financial information (paystubs, taxes, bank statements). You will be ask to pay an application fee, sometimes to both owner and association. Of course there is always the more flexible Landlord! If you are considering the areas of Fontainebleau, Westchester, Doral, Kendall please contact me via my profile, 1/1 units available around the price you are looking for.
Dear Mel,

Please contact me directly at and I will send you listings right away.
Yes most of the locations require first, last and security and if your credit score is below 640 some landlords might ask for additional month.
I am waiting for your email to give you more information about neighborhoods and others...
They do. If you would like more information,I'd be happy to help. I am a Miami native and have extensive knowledge of the area.

Michelle M. Dentico
Piquet Realty
Hi Mel
Most landlords will require 1st, last and security and you might run into some buildings / HOA's that will require an additional security (to secure / protect common areas).

Feel free to give me a call or email me at your convenience so I can get to work finding those properties that will suit your needs and budget.

You can also search on my website at for available properties, as well as data on Local Information (demographics, schools, crime, quality of life, etc.)

I’m looking forward to hearing from you to see how I can further help.

Professionally yours,
Jose Gomez, Realtor
Real Living – First Service Realty
(305) 915-4679
Please call me 305 519-3199